New York
Options

Beautiful Day!!!

So... isn't today pretty much the mostest beautiful day EVER?!?!?!

What are you ladies up to today?  Puh-LEEEEESE tell me you are enjoying this (and NOT working like a bunch of my girlfriends).

Kev and I are going to check out the farmers market then packing a picnic lunch and doing a wine tour.  I LOVE the Finger Lakes on days like this... so amazing.  Kev only gets every third weekend off and I am thanking my lucky stars that THIS is his weekend... gotta make the most of every minute.

I would give like a bazillion bucks to have weather like this on my wedding day... I wonder if there are any lucky brides tying the knot today.  So jealous!!!

Anyways, enough rambling... I have to get my butt in gear so we can go get some goodies at the market.  I hope you all have an absolutely amazing day... get out there and enjoy this gorgeous weather... it will be snowing before we know it! 
Miss Mrs. New & Improved Blog Chart
Online Garage Sale
Daisypath Anniversary tickers
monica & kevin married 5.28.11
bfp 8.11.11 - m/c 8.17.11
bfp 11.11.11 - edd 7.25.12
Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Re: Beautiful Day!!!

• Options
    edited December 2011
    I'm heading out to the Tipp Hill Music Festival at Pass Arboretum in a bit. It's a perfect day for it! Enjoy your wine tour!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFetus Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I had to work this morning (I took an extra job at the YMCA to save money for the wedding...) and now that I'm home I'm going to bed because I came down with a crappy cold :( BUT I am soooo psyched that today is gorgeous I think it's a great sign, and hopefully next year this weekend will be just as gorgeous for my wedding! Enjoy the wine tour Monica, I LOVE me some gelonora, red newt, fox run... but I think I'll stick to tea and orange juice this weekend!
    Photobucket
    image 169 Made the cut!
    image 137 Are ready to party! image29 Are missing out! image 3 Are making me crazy!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Aww.. hope you feel better, Emie!  What a crappy weekend to be sick.  You should try the "Shot of Death" that one of the docs I work with recommends...
    1 clove of fresh garlic (like just one piece, not the whole bunch)
    1 chunk of fresh ginger (about 1/2 the size of the garlic clove)
    Juice from 1 lemon
    squeeze of honey (as much or as little as you want)
    and a shot of vodka
    Blend it together and shoot it like a champ!

It literally killed my taste buds and sense of smell for about a week, but I felt SOOOOOOOOOOOO much better.  Like a complete 180* turnaround form the day before.

I tell all of my friends and coworkers about this crazy concoction now.  It really works.

Another good old southern remedy would be whiskey, honey and lemon juice (either straight like a shot or dilute it in super hot hot HOT tea then sip it).  This works awesome for a sore throat.

I grew up on everything BUT medicine... and when I do get my RN I want to specialize in holistic health b/c I think too many people run straight to the drug store when they don't feel good.  I;m glad you are pounding the OJ instead.

Hope you feel better!
    Miss Mrs. New & Improved Blog Chart
    Online Garage Sale
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
    monica & kevin married 5.28.11
    bfp 8.11.11 - m/c 8.17.11
    bfp 11.11.11 - edd 7.25.12
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Thanks for the advice! I am all about the holisitic stuff when possible... although I've got a neurological thing that requires some meds. I'm pretty into essential oils (young living, have you tried them?)  I've been doing echinacea tea with honey and lemon essence and I really think I'm at the turning point (atleast I hope!)
    Photobucket
    image 169 Made the cut!
    image 137 Are ready to party! image29 Are missing out! image 3 Are making me crazy!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards