New York

Hotels in Ithaca for OOT Guests to Stay

I've just started looking into this and it doesn't seem like there are a lot of nice but still affordable options here in Ithaca.  Does anyone have any suggestions for hotels where out-of-town guests can stay?  Almost all of our guests are from out of town. 

Thanks!
Anniversary

Re: Hotels in Ithaca for OOT Guests to Stay

• edited December 2011
    When is your wedding?
    Miss Mrs. New & Improved Blog Chart
    Online Garage Sale
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
    monica & kevin married 5.28.11
    bfp 8.11.11 - m/c 8.17.11
    bfp 11.11.11 - edd 7.25.12
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • sbolger17sbolger17 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Sep 24, 2011.  We've got some time but I know hotels here fill up fast so I want to start looking into where we can get blocks of rooms.
    Anniversary
  • edited December 2011
    Sept shouldn't be too tough to find rooms.  (I hope)
    My reception is at Glenora on Seneca Lake and many of my guests have actually chosen to stay at various B&B's along the lake.  If your guests are interested in that type of lodging, there are plenty available around the finger lakes.  I will have to dig through my stuff, but I think there are a few websites that list B&B's.  I think it's a really sweet way to turn the wedding weekend into a little romantic getaway for the guests themselves.
    I believe Ithaca is close to Greek Peak (I am not super familiar with the area, but I think... right??)  I know they are a little pricey, but the hotel is gorgeous.

My fiancee and I looked and looked on the internet... made calls and sent emails, but to be honest- the easiest way for us (after spending hours trying to do it from a distance) was to drive around and scope out hotels that were close to our site.  When we found one that we liked, we would stop in and ask to speak to the manager or whoever handled group reservations.  We had good luck with a Microtel in Geneva and Holiday Inn in Penn Yann (opposite end of the lake from you, sorry) and were able to reserve a block of rooms at each.
    So, I think your best bet (if you have time) would be to just drive around and check the area out.  Unfortunately, it is usually easiest to speak with the right person on a weekday, so if you work regular week days, this stinks... but you can always just ask to leave a note for the manager or whoever you need.  Sometimes they are available to help you on weekends too... it depends.
    I would also make sure you make sure there are no other big events going on that weekend.  You may need to book much earlier than you think.   We knew we had booked on Memorial weekend, but found out once we started looking into hotels that it was also graduation weekend for Cornell... YIKES!! So many of the hotels on the southern end of the lake (Watkins Glen, etc) were already booked... for NEXT May!!
    I would also recommend reserving blocks with at least 2 hotels... maybe one on the mid-higher end and one economy... this way your guests have a choice.

So... check things out... look around.  There are lots of hotels in your area, I'm sure. 
    Miss Mrs. New & Improved Blog Chart
    Online Garage Sale
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
    monica & kevin married 5.28.11
    bfp 8.11.11 - m/c 8.17.11
    bfp 11.11.11 - edd 7.25.12
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • edited December 2011
    There are tons of places in Ithaca.

Holiday Inn, Super 8, Marriott, Homewood Suites, Best Western. You can also reommend that Statler at Cornell. Go to http://www.visitithaca.com/ for a whole list
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards