New York
Options

Another Turning Stone Post

Ok so the post below was getting a little long... let's start a new one! So, was anyone able to try the food at Turning Stone? I didn't ask to try it because I live in Cincinnati and didn't have time to plan a trip, but we are going with a "duet" of sea bass and filet and then the veggie option is the stuffed eggplant. When are all of the turning stone weddings? Mine is Sept 19th this year.
Lilypie First Birthday tickers image

Re: Another Turning Stone Post

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Someone told me about the service there- something about the staff singing Be Our Guest? Is this just something they told me to scare me or have you guys heard this before?
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Cat- I haven't heard about that? When does the staff sing that?
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers image
  • Options
    leah2bleah2b member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I heard about that somewhere - apparently they sing it when they first come out with the food at reception? Anyone have a tasting? Are you ladies having hair and makeup done at the spa?  Have any other recs?     
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I'm wondering about tastings too- the fi keeps bugging me about when and if were doing any. I'm hoping the Be Our Guest thing is just a rumor- don't think i want lol.
  • Options
    leah2bleah2b member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    My wedding is next summer - 2010.  Barbie - we are thinking of doing our ceremony outside on the great lawn as well.  DO you mind me asking what they are charging you for that?  you can email me at leah2b@yahoo.com.  Also, who are you using as an officient?  Are you having music?  How does that work?  Are you having a rehearsal dinner on the great lawn as well?  THat sounds really nice! Since I am not in town I feel so out of it! haha! Have you ladies heard of Kevin COlangelo as a DJ?  I am looking into DJ's and photogs now and welcome any recs you have.Good luck with all of the planning ladies!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    hi leah- I actually met with Kevin Colangelo- he was really nice, great british accent (haha) but i was going for someone a bit more in tune with what the younger crowd would be into- so i went with Visa Versa Ent. They were a notch cheaper (not by that much tho) and i felt like someone younger would be able to connect more with us, as well as the older crowd. Kevin was def. a good choice tho.
  • Options
    leah2bleah2b member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thanks Catbella.  I think we will meet with both Colangelo and Vica Versa as well.  Appreciate the rec! Both seem to get really great reviews.  I've seen Black Tie as well, which also seems to get good reviews.  When is your wedding?  Is anyone doing any colors for their reception (linens, chair sashes and the like?) I am really terrible at decorating and have no idea what would look good. When I was there to meet with ALan, we saw the Shenendoah clubhouse prepared for a wedding.  THe bride did a light blueish/green accent, which looked very pretty. 
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Black Tie i met at a Wedding Show- really nice, and inexpensive! I'm doing ivory linens and gold chivari chairs instead of chair covers. I'm having pink and ivory flowers also. The bridesmaids are wearing burgundy, but just about everything else will be gold, pink and ivory.
  • Options
    leah2bleah2b member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    That sounds very pretty.  I am thinking I am going to do something about the chairs as well.  I really don't like that red pattern thing they have going on.  I've heard pluses and minuses about the chair covers - I think they look great, but I have heard some people complain that they can be a bit of a pain in the a$$ for guests (for whatever reason - cant get their feet under chair?  move around?  I dont know)I know it will be too late for some of the brides here, but if anyone wants to do a group tasting  in Oct/Nov/Dec, I'd be in for that!  Really, I just want to make sure I like the entree selection (I am thinking filet/sea bass) and I wouldnt mind checking out some of the cocktail hr. food.  I've got a long way to go (July 2010).
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    How do you do a group tasting? I should probably figure out a tasting with me and the fiance while im at it. anyone know how?
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards