New York

Syracuse area venue

I am from the Syracuse area of central NY and we are looking to book a fall wedding(2010) in the area....Any suggestions...??Fall time is beautiful in NY so I am open to any ideas.....THANK YOU =)

Re: Syracuse area venue

• edited December 2011
    I'm also from syracuse and one of our top places was Orchard Vali Country club in lafayette the place was beautiful and the price was great! they also gave us a complimentary brunch when we went to look at the place. Another place we looked at was Traditions at the links in E SYR they were great but a little out of our price range...hope this helps!
  • edited December 2011
    I have heard that the room at Highland Forest is amazing and would be a great place if you want the fall foliage. The food is done by Orchard Vali which has great food. Here's the website:http://www.onondagacountyparks.com/highland/skyline-lodge
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFetus Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    We are getting married in October of 2010 and would have booked at Orchard Valli, but our guest list was too large. We booked at Traditions at Erie Village, the staff was really helpful and the room is huge!
  • edited December 2011
    We got our  venue =)....Craftsman Inn in Fayettville.
  • edited December 2011
    $495 for Arrowhead lodge at Oneida Shores.  http://www.tinyurl.com/arrowlodge It's gorgeous!  Fireplaces, all paneled in beautiful wood, gorgeous stairs for wedding party pix!  My fiance and I were originally going to rent a tent, dance floor, tables, chairs, lighting etc and have it at my parents house.  That would have cost $1400.  Before the catering.  Make sure you book early!  They only have open Saturdays now starting in November 2010.
  • PeanutsCLPeanutsCL member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'm getting married at Camp Brockway at Pratts Falls. Its bigger than Highland Forest, but more rustic. Its up on a hill, so the fall view is beautiful! There's is a full kitchen there (and outdoor bar), and you can bring any caterer you want. We're having dinosaur BBQ. I reccomend it if you're ready to be a total DIY bride. I'm having fun planning the wedding there, but having to compare prices for renting everything from decorations to wine glasses to bar service is a lot more work than just going to a country club or more traditional venue. Something to keep in mind!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards