New York
Options

A good shower theme?

Anyone have/will have a themed shower? My sister is planning my shower and she asked me what I want. I find my family's regular sit-around-and-eat-cake showers to be kind of boring, so I was looking for a unique idea to give her.  I've heard of an around the clock shower, but maybe just some fun games would do it. Anyone attend a really fun shower and what made it so fun?
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: A good shower theme?

• Options
    MelissaC315MelissaC315 member
    First Comment
    edited January 2012
    I went to one that was Alice in Wonderland/Mad Hatter themed. It was really cute and different. They had little tea kettles, tea cups of different patterns, a topsy turvy cake... there was so much they could do with the theme which made it fun.

I enjoy games at showers too. I'm sure you could tell your sis to google search bridal shower games and she would get lots of fun ideas.
  • Options
    bitofritsbitofrits member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited January 2012
    I saw one that was a 50's theme I guess it would be.  And they had pictures and stuff from the 50s on "how to be a good wife."  It was more making a joke or it than anything else.  But it looked pretty fun.  Not sure if I'm relaying it that well, haha.

The only games I've really seen are present bingo, how well do you know the bride quiz, or you have a timer set up every 10 minutes or something while you're opening presents and when it goes off the person whose present your'e opening wins a prize.

One of my showers is being planned.  Originally the theme was Victorian tea or something because of the location... but now it seems like the theme is cherry blossoms and 1,000 cranes (which means good luck)... quite a jump I know.  I have a feeling nothing's solidified until the invites go out, haha.
    My Attempted Wedding Blog - http://aroseywedding.blogspot.com/
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards