New York
Options

Airbrush makeup

Hey ladies. I was wondering how many of you have looked into getting airbrush makeup, or actually just getting your makeup done for your wedding? If any of you guys remember (or can tell from my siggy) I'm in cosmetology school and lately I've been thinking about starting to do makeup. I googled "Airbrush makeup in Syracuse, NY" and not too many businesses came up.

I'd love your input! Married ladies, did you pay someone to do your makeup (especially airbrush)? Is anyone else planning on getting it done? I always planned on doing my own makeup for my wedding but I can see the appeal to getting it done. One less thing to stress about. If you've gotten it done, how was your experience? Did you have trouble finding the right person in this area to do it?

I love weddings and I love makeup so I'm thinking this could be a great thing I could do on the side, along with hair. Let me know your experiences ladies!
Daisypath Wedding tickers

Re: Airbrush makeup

• Options
    I'm a married lady...since October :)  but...I did have airbrush done and I LOVED it!!!!  In person I felt like a clown (like I had way too much on), but in pictures it looked good!  I paid about $50 for it and $10 for eyelashes (wasn't too crazy about those).  I'm from the Utica area and there were only two places I found that did it...one was $150 and the other was an independent person..and she was as I stated $50.  I would highly recommend it to anyone here.  The makeup lasted all day without smearing or looking fake and it evens out any blemishes or imperfections!  I'm not familiar with how many people do it in the Syracuse area, but I'm thinking since it's new, you would have a pretty good shot at getting clients!  Good luck and keep us posted on whether or not you decide to do it!
  • Options
    I got married between Ithaca and Watkins Glen.  I used a local hair/makeup artist -- I could never have done it myself!  Air brush isn't available in Ithaca, but if it was, I would have gotten it done (or at least done a test run with it).  I think that's a great idea -- good luck and keep us posted!
    Anniversary
  • Options
    I had airbrush makeup and I can't say enough good things about it- I highly recommend it!!!

I had mine done at Sephora in Carousel Mall (there is a full review both in my "Mrs" bio and in the review section above).  They will do tons of trials for free and day of for a $50 gift card (which you can then use yto buy goodies for touch ups and goodies for the honeymoon)... it's really a steal.

As for local artists, I checked into a few, but their prices were really outrageous (plus a "holiday fee" in my case).

If you aren't completely sure about airbrush, I would definitely suggest stopping into Sephora to give it a try.  They will do a trial with just the airbrush so you can get a feel for it.

Also, if you are good at makeup, I would totally consider buying a Temptu airbrush system and learning how to do it... maybe you can start to do some weddings and other events and such.  The market could definitely use a few more artists who offer airbrush!!!

Let us know what you decide!!!
    Miss Mrs. New & Improved Blog Chart
    Online Garage Sale
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
    monica & kevin married 5.28.11
    bfp 8.11.11 - m/c 8.17.11
    bfp 11.11.11 - edd 7.25.12
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options
    Ditto Monica! I went to Sephora and got airbrush after hearing her reviews of it! From the prices I've seen, it was more expensive to get regular makeup done at any of them. $50 at Sephora, especially since I get to use the $50 on products, was a steal! I did have some problems there, but had nothing to do with the makeup :) I was actually considering buying the system so I could do it on myself!
    Daisypath - Personal pictureDaisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options
    I was considering airbrush makeup, but there is only one place in Geneva (Belhurst) that does it, and I haven't heard great things about it. If there had been somewhere for me to get it done, I'm pretty sure I would have went with it. Because of that, I did my own makeup.
    Photobucket BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    I'm getting airbrush makeup for one reason, because it is waterproof hahah

My hair-dresser does it at Vogue Salon in Liverpool. (I can't remember where yo uare from specifically, but they are AWESOME ladies there, and are a ton of fun. 
    First comes Love (2.23.2006)
    Then comes Marriage (6.23.2012)
    Then comes Baby #1 (5.10.2013)
    And Baby #2 (EDD 6.15.2014)
    In the baby carriage! 
  • Options

I'm hoping to find someone that will do airbrush and lashes at my house. You can't really beat the Sephora deal, but I want to keep running around to a minimum.

I am worried that I'll feel overdone....I'm usually pretty low-maintenance. What was it about the lashes you didn't care for, ktobin? Has anyone else done both airbrush and lashes?

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_central-new-york_airbrush-makeup-1?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:621Discussion:238f3463-4091-4860-812b-28a828287fdcPost:da4d4413-19e2-428a-8b3e-e49afad0df95">Re: Airbrush makeup</a>:
    [QUOTE]I'm hoping to find someone that will do airbrush and lashes at my house. You can't really beat the Sephora deal, but I want to keep running around to a minimum. I am worried that I'll feel overdone....I'm usually pretty low-maintenance. <strong>What was it about the lashes you didn't care for, ktobin? Has anyone else done both airbrush and lashes?
    </strong>Posted by MCTD31[/QUOTE]

I know I'm not Kadell, but it took a little bit of time to get my fake lashes right -- they were too long at first and kind of looked like a go-go dancer in my opinion.  So just make sure that either you or your makeup artist has some nail scissors or something so you can trim them!  Once we trimmed mine and added eyeliner (a must!), they looked great and terrific for photos.
    Anniversary
  • Options
    Check out Erica Abdo. I met her at a bridal show and she has a really impressive portfolio. I booked her for my May wedding.
  • Options
    I had airbrush and fake lashes. It took a lot of getting used to, and the guy (yes, I had a male!) took a few tries to get the lashes right. I felt like a drag queen walking through the mall in my yoga pants and wife beater with full on makeup! I typically don't leave the house in more than mascara unless I'm going somewhere important, but I am SOOOOO glad I let them put a little extra on!
    Daisypath - Personal pictureDaisypath Anniversary tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards