Ohio-Cincinnati

Poll (for married ladies or those really close to their wedding)

What was your pre-wedding week like? How busy was it? What was on your to do list: 3 days before, 2 days before, day before? What about your FI? What wedding tasks did he have on his list?

Re: Poll (for married ladies or those really close to their wedding)

• edited December 2011
    Hmm...the week before the wedding I was finalizing a lot of stuff.  Finalizing counts for the reception (and special food orders), finalizing seating/placecards, finalizing our picture locations, finalizing the official family picture combination lists, finalizing all the little details (desired ceremony/reception setup), gathering and ordering Panera for my BMs on the day of wedding, prepping a box of snacks for the limo.  I had a DOC that the week before took over all of the details with my vendors...had I not had her, I would have been doing that, too (Thank God for Kristen!).  You get very busy and I recommend you take AT LEAST the day before if not more off.The day before we also had our rehearsal and rehearsal dinner.  Our DOC package included his/her massages but we were honestly so busy that we kind of forgot to schedule them!
  • LuckeyBride2BLuckeyBride2B member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    My pre-wedding week wasn't bad at all...but only because I did everything I possibly could two weeks before the wedding.  I wanted the days leading up to the wedding to be stress free and filled with spending time with family and friends in town.  That said, 3 days before: massage, writing thank you cards for early gifts, confirming with family and friends who had wedding day tasks.  2 days before: pulling together all the things we needed to take to Cincy (my parents live in Dayton), loading up cars and packing suitcases.  Day before: spa appointments, rehearsal and dinner. FI list of to-dos: confirm with family and friends who had wedding day tasks, deal with DJ (who called during our rehearsal to ask if we could send him our 1st dance song!)I think it all depends on how you plan it....I was crazy busy the week before that...so just decide where you want to spend your time! GL!
  • mjc468mjc468 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    It wasn't really busy, but I live in columbus and wedding in cincy so I came home wednesday and only worked for 2 days the week before.To do list:3 days before: make sure brought home everything I needed, marriage license documents, two different suitcases for before wedding and honeymoon. 2 days before: pick up flowers at costco, who didn't order them so got different ones, BM bouquet in siggie. Out of town BM's came in1 day before: Make sure limo company got addresses of all locations and time schedule, make sure flights on schedule (left sunday after saturday wedding). Talk to FI  (hubby now). Make sure all rehearsal ppl new of time (some forgot) and directions to dinner afterwards.I didn't feel busy, more relaxed, but you could tell my parents were getting nervous and rushing around. Best of luck!FI didn't have many tasks during the wedding besides showing up..ahaha jk. He made seating chart board in photoshop, STD and design, and made sure to get stuff form his side of the family, he also helped write 'thank you' cards after the wedding. I think I stressed out more of keeping him on top of his list then was probably necessary in the end. But we had a beautiful wedding.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards