New York
Options

flowers

I am planning a wedding on a budget. I will be having a June wedding. My wedding color is plum from davids bridal ( kind of dark for a summer wedding but I love it) I really like lavender roses and peonies, but I'm afraid these might be expensive. Any advice on what other flowers I could use that are in season? Also any DIY ideas on centerpieces? I was thinking of candles and pictures of us.

Re: flowers

• Options
    Peonies are quite expensive, but luckily they are large so you wouldn't need as many of them as you might of another flower. Also, you can always use some cheaper flowers, like mums or carnations, as filler to make you bouquets or centerpieces bigger.

There are lots of things you can do for centerpieces. When I wasn't sure of what I wanted yet, I just did some google image searches of wedding centerpieces to get an idea of what things looked good and fit with the atmosphere I wanted to create.
    Photobucket BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options

What about lavendar? I love the fragrance, which is supposed to be calming... might help on the wedding day! That should look beautiful with the lavendar roses and darker plum color. Ever garden store should sell whole plants at that time of year (and the month before), which you can pot and use as centerpieces. That might be nice because either you or guests could take them home and plant them (a nice remembrance)! Plus, a lot of people have lavendar in their gardens which could easily be snipped and added to centerpieces.

Good luck!

~ Sara
  • Options
    If you're on a tight budget and still interested in having someone do your flowers, I'd recommend using Floral FX out of Rochester.  She was even cheaper than Wegmans and did a fantastic job!  The photos on her website don't do it justice.

http://www.floralfxofrochester.com/ 

For DIY centerpieces you could check the knot's DIY board.  I did cylinder vases with a submerged (fake) lily and a floating candle on top. 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    If you have any crafty family members maybe you could use fake flowers...?  My MIL has done silk flowers for tons of weddings and she's doing ours, saving a boat load that way!
  • Options
    I had Laurie from Floral FX doing my flowers. They were amazing? They were wired properly and did not fall apart. Flpwers werefresh and held up well. I did not shop around, but my bouquet (cymbidium orchids hydrengia, and roses which are not cheap) cost something like $150.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards