New York

How rude.

We just received a wedding invitation from a friend of my finacee addressed to: Mr. Fiancee and Guest.

And guest? Considering we've been seriously dating since we met the couple and have been engaged for several months, that's just rude. (This might be terrible, but I giggled a little when I opened the envelope and found the invitation set was.... very unattractive.)

Re: How rude.

• sbolger17sbolger17 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Ha.  That is rude.  I was similarly offended when FI's cousin got married last summer and addressed the invitation to FI and guest.  I had met her a couple of times and had even shared a family Thanksgiving meal with them.  We weren't engaged yet but were very close to it! 
    Anniversary
  • edited December 2011
    Josh has a step cousin who is upset she wasnt invited to our wedding...but she invited his 3 stepbrothers and not him and I to hers this past summer.

Then! Josh was BM in his bffs wedding and I paid for his tux b/c he was asked to put a similar amount toward the gift. The bride sent the thank you and it said "Thank you so much Josh and Brid (*scratch out the "and Brid"*) for the gift" B/c him and I should spend more that $400 on this damn wedding right?!  Biiitch.

Some people are just so incredibly rude!

People are inherently stupid. Weddings make it painfully obvious -- KevinandMonica
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • edited December 2011
    Random post from Jersey chick on the CNY board.  hmm....

Hello Cheslea!  Care to introduce yourself?
    Miss Mrs. New & Improved Blog Chart
    Online Garage Sale
    monica & kevin married 5.28.11
    bfp 8.11.11 - m/c 8.17.11
    bfp 11.11.11 - edd 7.25.12
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • edited December 2011
    Haha oh Monica!

"Hi - the fellow Ventosa bride that has been bothering you about almost every aspect of your wedding here - I just looked at the William Smith Inn online and it's beautiful - much more updated than most venues in the area, which is absolutely my style."

Taken from a post about Susans day of checks in Geneva. Ive seen her here and there before.

But Chelsea, let us know about you....I dont think you have yet!

People are inherently stupid. Weddings make it painfully obvious -- KevinandMonica
  • edited December 2011
    ooooooooooohhhh.... now I remember.  I didn't recognize the name and the Jersey thing threw me off.

Chelsea!!!  Tell us a little more about you, your fi and your wedding plans.  Make sure you tell Kara to put you on the CNY Knotties list.
    Online Garage Sale
  • edited December 2011
    AHHH. yes. I've experienced this. FI's cousin got married last summer. FI and I have been together for going on five years. I didn't get an invite to the shower (my FMIL was shocked, so had already thought we were driving together) and then our wedding invite was addressed to "mr. FI and guest" I knew her EXTREMELY well and it was printed on a label (cheesy one) no excuses. The thank you came to "Mr. and Mrs. Fiance" I guess she was over-doing it as an apology? ehh..
    Photobucket
    image 169 Made the cut!
    image 137 Are ready to party! image29 Are missing out! image 3 Are making me crazy!
  • edited December 2011
    IDK if because we had almost a 2 yr long engagement and people thought we were already married we were getting invites sent to "Mr & Mrs DH" I'm like first off u know us and that we arent married yet PLUS one of the people who did this knew I was in no way taking his name. Grrr. 

At least I got to use that against them when addressing their invites :) 
  • edited December 2011
    I can't believe family would do something like that.

Whoa, a little catty when someone new comes to the board?? Wink Just kidding.

I've been around this board a bit. I'm from Rochester and now my fiancee and I live in New Jersey (right outside NYC in Hoboken, home of the Cake Boss). We were planning a New Jersey wedding, but found it was much too expensive. Instead, we're getting married at beautiful Ventosa Vineyards in September 2012.
  • edited December 2011
    Didn't mean to be catty.  Sorry.  Just forgot all about you... hadn't seen anything from you in a while.  So I was like random jersey girl comes to CNY board to b!tch about a rude invite.  That's weird.  I looked on the CNY Knotties list and didn't see you so I thought you must be new and thought wow... what an intro.  Not "hi my name is.. blah blah blah" but invite without my name on it whah whah.

Sorry.  I remember you now.  Tell Kara to put you on the list so you don't look like asuch a stranger (I forget everything).  Or just come post more often!!

Welcome back!!

And as far as the invite... I don't know quite so much rude... but definitely ignorant... but people are dumb.  It won't be the most ridiculous thing you encounter... trust me.  Just wait till you start getting your RSVPs back... then you get to find out just how stupid people really are.  Right, Bridgett??
    Online Garage Sale
  • sbolger17sbolger17 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    My fiance and I were living in NYC for years and then moved to Ithaca right after we got engaged (last summer).  We decided to get married here because it was just way too expensive to do it there!  (I mean, weddings cost a ton period, I can't even imagine planning one there!)
    Anniversary
  • edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_central-new-york_rude?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:621Discussion:26e744cd-a03d-461e-ba9f-2bc494b4d7f8Post:b364ca6a-0c26-459d-a47d-6220fe6613a8">Re: How rude.</a>:
    [QUOTE] And as far as the invite... I don't know quite so much rude... but definitely ignorant... but people are dumb.  It won't be the most ridiculous thing you encounter... trust me.  Just wait till you start getting your RSVPs back... then you get to find out just how stupid people really are.  Right, Bridgett??
    Posted by kevinandmonica2011[/QUOTE]

Haha take note of the quote in my siggy! People are so very ignorant. I hads a reply come back that said "John" thats it. No return address. Seriously?! Now lets remind you that Joshs step-grandfather, step-dad, step-brother, and nephew are all named John. And its such a popular name they 'heeey' I have a few Johns too. OMGoodness. It turned out to be his gpa (envelope was stamped in a diff state which was the only giveaway) but come on. You have a popular name and dont put your last?!

• edited December 2011
    my finaces cousin got married this past November, we had been engaged for almost a year and living together at that time, the invitation was not only sent to us, but to his moms house, and addressed to him as  Mr. Fiance and guest. We had also been dating and living together for several years previously we had spent several holidays and birthdays together as families.. I think it is horribly rude.
    I was also told a couple weeks before the shower I was invited and my invite was at my futrure MIL's house. while my my future MIL was part to blame because she forgot to tell me, shes very old though.. I couldnt go beause I had to work the day.
    And no one has got a thank you card yet.
  • edited December 2011
    Ha!  At least you guys got an "and guest"!  My fiance's friend sent in invitation last fall addressed just to FI.  We were supposed to just assume I was invited.  I told FI I wasn't going.  He called and cleared up the whole thing, but it was ridiculous because  we were engaged and living together!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards