New York

Need to scream

Ok so Im finally having a slightly better than normal day and I get a text from Josh. My mother txt him and asked if we wanted to come over for dinner and she would help him write his half of the Thank Yous. WTF?!?!?!?! Are you kidding me?! How old do I have to be and how far does this woman need to push me before I snap and tell her to stay the F out of my life?! Shes flippin everywhere! We work together and she insists on taking 2 breaks a day and lunch with me. Every other day she wants to have dinner or stop over or go shopping together. I just want her to freakin back off! Ive hinted at it, Ive pulled away, Ive even told her "I love you, but I need to be an adult and live my life with my husband. Im not saying I want nothing to do with you, Im saying back off." And then she pulls this crap.

OMG! Hes a big freakin boy and he can write his own flippin Thank Yous! I flipped on Josh and told him "these were OUR gifts and the thanks yous will be written by US. If I was able to work FT, go to school PT and plan a wedding, you can write 5 TYs a day after work." Unfortunately thats what it took for him to say "When you get home show me where everything is and what I should be doing and Ill do it". Pathetic. I love my mom I really do, but Im going to scream. Im one of those people that feels bad anytime I tell someone to back off, but I cant take it anymore!

Thanks for the vent. It at least stopped the anger tears that were about to happen at work.

People are inherently stupid. Weddings make it painfully obvious -- KevinandMonica
Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Re: Need to scream

• ski2playski2play member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    dondada.....I just want to scream for you!  Ugh, your momma does not get it.....totally unbelievable.  Do not go over for dinner!  I repeat, do not go over for dinner!  Keep repeating to you yourself, I will not KILL my own mother, I will not Kill my own mother.

Lather, Rinse, Repeat......

Hoping you get past this one soon,  keep smiling you!  It makes them wonder what you have been up to!
  • edited December 2011
    I don't have a mom, but I do have a family member that insists on calling me between 7:30am and 9:am every morning to set my mood up completely WRONG for the whole day. The morning after we got engaged, at 8:30am she called to tear into me about  Facebook picture and then said "I know you like Lucas and all but don't be so naive to think you're going to spend the rest of your life with him"... ok, I won't tell you what was my amazing news just yet. This week, she said she's "99%" sure we're going to get married and then said "Are you sure he's good enough for you?"

Some people just don't get it. But unfortunately, that's not a good enough excuse to commit murder/assault. DO have the cajones that I don't to stand your ground with mom and tell her that you and your husband are going to have a quiet, private dinner with each other tonight and that ou have your thank you's under control. If your mom is the type of person who doesnt seem to get it and maybe never will, then take each attempt at invading your personal space one incident at a time... when she wants to get lunch with you tomorrow, tell her ahead of time that you have plans for lunch and you'll see her around.
    Photobucket
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards