New York

Nail Salons

Since I haven't gotten my nails done in ages in Syracuse... I need a little help!
I need a place that can accomodate 4 people at once in the Syracuse area- preferable downtown- reasonably priced- and have the gelo polish overlay.

Any recs?
Photobucket

Re: Nail Salons

• edited December 2011
    Not for sure on the gelo, but I get mine done at a place in Shoppingtown Mall.  I typically steer clear of mall nail places, but this place is actually really great and can accommodate a large crowd.
    Miss Mrs. New & Improved Blog Chart
    Online Garage Sale
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
    monica & kevin married 5.28.11
    bfp 8.11.11 - m/c 8.17.11
    bfp 11.11.11 - edd 7.25.12
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • edited December 2011

Ive been a few places (never DT) but my favorite is the one in shoppingtown as well. Theres a young guy that sits right up front and I really like him...although I typically end up with the older male who isnt all too bad either. But we're talkin acrylics.

People are inherently stupid. Weddings make it painfully obvious -- KevinandMonica
  • edited December 2011
    Bridgett- we go to the same guy!!  Lmao!!!

His name is Sonny and he sits right up front on the left.  I have gel nails done and he always does a fabulous job.  There is a really young girl there that always dresses very fashionably who does awesome pedicures (and speaks great English... always a bonus!!!)

I just found the business card in my purse.  It is called Nail & Spa.  Their phone number is 315-446-6245 if you need to make an appt (not necessary, but always helps)
    Online Garage Sale
  • edited December 2011
    Awesome! I am so requesting him next time :)

People are inherently stupid. Weddings make it painfully obvious -- KevinandMonica
  • edited December 2011
    So monica, whats the diff between gel and acrylics? Ive always gotten acrylics b/c they were cheaper :)

• edited December 2011
    Gels are supposedly "healthier"... although I don't think any fake nails are really healthy.  They bond a little better to the real nail so they can be filed down more... making them thinner and a little more natural looking.  The color of the gel is a little more pink and looks great without polish or anything on top.... very natural and doesn't discolor like acrylics can.
    Online Garage Sale
  • edited December 2011
    Oooooo that all sounds so awesome! But Id have to let these fall off in order to have those put on. Dammit

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards