New York

Rochester NY Venues- Bring your own caterer

Hello, 
I just got engaged in April and am in the beginning stages of wedding planning, starting to get a little frustrated.... But I am planning on getting married near Rochester NY in September 2012(possibly late August) . But am having a hard time finding a location that will accept an outside caterer. I will have around 200 guests. I am open to having a tent and/or outdoor wedding, or indoor wedding with patio and outside space available. I love the barn wedding idea (I think the ithaca barns are too far), or something by one of the finger lakes, my favorite place is Max at High Falls but they don't allow outside caterer. I was originally looking at the "wedding weekend thing" and renting a house on the finger lakes and getting an outdoor tent, but I can't find a house big enough to accomodate that many people, or with a big enough yard to have a tent that will hold 200 ppl.  Everyone I contacted said they don't allow weddings at their houses.  The guy from fingerlakes premier properties told me they don't allowe weddings at any of there properties. I looked at Logan Ridge, but the dining area was narrow, the landscaping was horrible, and looks like they need to update the facility a little. I am going to look into Artisan Works. I looked at a couple parks but most of them have alot of alcohol restrictions, and you have to be out of there by 10:45/11pm.  Any comments/suggestions would be appreciated. Thanks

Re: Rochester NY Venues- Bring your own caterer

• kks4471kks4471 member
    5 Love Its Name Dropper First Comment First Anniversary
    edited December 2011
    Wish I could help you out, I'm trying to think of places between Syracuse and Rochester, but it's difficult with wanting an outside caterer.  Do you have a particular caterer in mind?  If you do, maybe you could ask the caterer where they've provided meals before.  Then you could research their suggestions.  HTH, and maybe the other ladies will have better ideas than me :)
    Photobucket Anniversary
  • edited December 2011
    I also am wondering why an outside caterer? Is there a special reason? If your heart is set on a particular locale its probably in your best interest to use the space's catering.
    Have you tried the the Harro East Ballroom or Auditorium Center (Rochester),  or Smith Opera House (Geneva)? They aren't barns, but I am pretty sure they allow outside catering.
    Photobucket
    image 169 Made the cut!
    image 137 Are ready to party! image29 Are missing out! image 3 Are making me crazy!
  • edited December 2011

I think answering emie's question above would help... why so insistent on a caterer?  I'm assuming you already have your caterer picked out by your post... have you asked them who they have worked with in the past?

The only two that come to mind are Logan Ridge (which I actually found to be quite beautiful, especially with the fireplace inside)... and Chateau Lafayette (I think) on Seneca Lake.  Americana Winery has a beautiful barn, but it is loaded full of stuff (it's where they hold wine tastings) and I doubt they will empty it out for a wedding... however... they have a nice outdoor area which should have room for tent and gazebo that makes a perfect dance floor... maybe worth a look.

Other than that, I'm at a loss. 

Miss Mrs. New & Improved Blog Chart
    Online Garage Sale
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
    monica & kevin married 5.28.11
    bfp 8.11.11 - m/c 8.17.11
    bfp 11.11.11 - edd 7.25.12
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • KG728KG728 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thank you so much for your responses. I do have a caterer picked out becuase I work for a local resturant/bakery and the owner wants to do the caterering. She has only done caterering at businesses and peoples houses before. The resturant isn't big enough to have my wedding there.

I looked into Harro East, and the lady was very nice and explained to me that they will charge "alot more" for everything becuase I am not using them for my food.

I did think Logan ridge was nice, the view was pretty and i loved the patio, but the landscaping and front of the building wasn't very nice (i know that sounds weird but the place is $4,500 for the day and I would think if your paying almost $5,000 for the rental of a place the landscaping should be somewhat decent.

Thanks for the suggestions, i will let you know how the Smith Opera House, Chateau Lafayette, and American Winery turns out.

Thank you!
  • Did you ever find a location???  I'm looking for a similar location and would appreciate any advice/experience you have.
  • Yes I did. I ended up going to Sweet Briar in Geneseo. But I dont think they allow caterers anymore
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards