New York

Hello everyone!!

I'm Jessica and just got engaged last week while on vacation with my (then) boyfriend/(now) fiance.  We got engaged in St. Thomas, USVI - very romantic.  We live up in Canton, NY (an hour north of watertown).  So far don't have a lot of things planned, just some ideas...

colors - navy and light green
flowers - green hydrangeas
location - somewhere between Syracuse and watertown - an easy drive for his family and not that far from the airport for my family.  Looking for something that can accomadate 150-200 people, isn't a hotel ballroom and inside, where the ceremony and reception can all take place. 
date - fall of 2012, hoping to either be able to get a price break because winter's coming or be around the time the colors change (if cost would be the same year round, might consider moving the date up).
other than that, not a lot of decisions made yet - hoping to get some ideas form the syracuse bridal show in Feb.  I kind of want to nail down a venue before really going much farther so that we can pick a solid date.

any suggestions for vendors, etc would be much appreciated.
Jessica

Re: Newbie

• edited December 2011
    Welcome and congrats!
    You have an awful lot decided already after just getting engaged last week... Wow!  Don't forget to take a deep breath and enjoy your engagement... once you start planning the wedding, time just flies!!!
    Miss Mrs. New & Improved Blog Chart
    Online Garage Sale
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
    monica & kevin married 5.28.11
    bfp 8.11.11 - m/c 8.17.11
    bfp 11.11.11 - edd 7.25.12
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • edited December 2011
    Congrats and welcome!

I had an engagement just about as long as yours and Im nearing 3.5 months left! Monica wasnt kidding, it fliiiies! I had a lot planned the first week also, just be careful not too rush too much. I jumped into my bridal party and regret some of my choices (as does my FI) and I actually chose a reception hall the first month and in the end lost the deposit and went elsewhere b/c I didnt take advantage of the time I had and I jumped without researching.

But again, congratulations! I look forward to learning more about you, your FI, and your wedding!

People are inherently stupid. Weddings make it painfully obvious -- KevinandMonica
  • blakgarnetblakgarnet member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    thanks guys!  I talked to all my friends last night and wanted to ask people to be bridesmaids, but know it's so far out that it wasn't necessary to ask now, so am trying to do things one step at a time.  I think the hardest thing for me is that when researching venues and stuff, so many of the websites focus on NYC - there is so much more to NY!!!  it's also hard because the rest of the state is so big that venues that come up on my searches are 3 hours away!  I wish there was a good resouce guide so I don't have to worry about missing a possible option!
  • edited December 2011
    Congrats! My FI grew up in your area! He is from Gouvenor NY. Everyone knew his house because of the airmail mailbox. We go there to visit his friends every once in a while. It is a beautiful place! Good luck with planning!
  • edited December 2011

I have friends that are currently living in Canton and Gouvenor and my neighbors grew up in Gouvenor!

People are inherently stupid. Weddings make it painfully obvious -- KevinandMonica
  • edited December 2011
    What a small world! I bet they know each other!
  • sbolger17sbolger17 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Congratulations!!
    Anniversary
  • edited December 2011
    Oh, just FYI, as much as I love hydrengeas, they wilt way too fast. Keep them in water at al times :)
  • blakgarnetblakgarnet member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Wow, I always thought I lived in the middle of nowhere and here all of you know people here!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards