New York
Options

One last post

Good morning ladies. My final wedding update on this gloomy Wednesday morning is that there isnt going to be one. Lucas broke up with me the night before Thanksgiving, we tried to reconcile, but he's made up his mind that it is time to move on.

As I have mentioned plenty of times, he's always been really apprehensive about getting married ever since, well, we got engaged. I never even got a real proposal. Ive been telling him for months that I just dont feel like hes in love, dont feel appreciated, and thats all i want; to FEEL that my spouse WANTS me.

Thanks for being awesome people, I wish you all so much happiness. Hopefully I'll be back here one day

Re: One last post

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Oh my goodness.. I am so so sorry :-( This certainly cannot be easy, and if you need any support, you know you can always come back to us to vent or chit-chat.

I hope you find the peace and happiness that you deserve!!! **hugs**
    image 131 invited image 120 are ready to party! image 11 will miss the festivities! Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    MCTD31MCTD31 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    So sorry....just know that the person out there waiting to give you the unconditional love, respect, and appreciation that you deserve has just caught a huge break.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    raes19raes19 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'm so sorry Lorna. *hugs* You can always stick around and chat if you'd like, and we are always here to lend a shoulder.
    Photobucket BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    sbolger17sbolger17 member
    edited December 2011
    I'm so sorry you're going through this.  I hope you're able to lean on family and friends in this hard time.  Here's a brief story about my own experiences in case it helps at all: 

Before I met DH, I was dating someone who told me he wanted to marry me (not a proposal, just a statement, but I started making plans in my head) and then he broke up with me a few weeks later.  I was devastated.  Two months later, I met DH and I am so grateful that the previous relationship ended when it did.  Otherwise I would never have met my true love.

Keep your chin up, pretty lady!
    Anniversary
  • Options
    kks4471kks4471 member
    5 Love Its Name Dropper First Comment First Anniversary
    edited December 2011
    I'm so sorry Lorna :(  I really enjoy hearing from you, and hope you're back to chat.  Best wishes to you.  You are a strong, beautiful woman!
    Photobucket Anniversary
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I am so incredibly sorry, hun.  I can't even imagine what you ust be going through right now, but know that many thoughts and prayers and positive vibes are being sent your way and that you will get through this. 

You are a beautiful, intelligent, fun, driven woman and you deserve someone who loves you with every ounce of their being and can't WAIT to spend the rest of their life with you.  He is out there and he will find you.

I'm sure I can speak for the rest of us, but we would love for you to hang around, if you want to.  Or stop back and visit when you are ready.  Or maybe join us on The Nest?  If you need to talk, vent, scream or cry- feel free to do so.  If not publicly on here, feel free to PM me or find me on FB and message there.  It would make me very sad to have you disappear completely... you have beceom a huge part of this community and always have something interesting and/or fun to add to our conversations.

I wish you peace and happiness on your journey.  
    Miss Mrs. New & Improved Blog Chart
    Online Garage Sale
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
    monica & kevin married 5.28.11
    bfp 8.11.11 - m/c 8.17.11
    bfp 11.11.11 - edd 7.25.12
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options
    kpdorrkpdorr member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Oh Lorna! So sucky! You seem like such a lovely gal and will most certainly find a special guy in the future. Let yourself be sad for a while, but not too long! And when you're ready, find a hot lawyer to rebound with!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Lorna Im so sorry!! I wish you all the best because thats what you deserve!

People are inherently stupid. Weddings make it painfully obvious -- KevinandMonica
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I am so so sorry! That is just the worst feeling in the world. I know it's hard to envision it now, but things will get better. Anyone would be lucky to have you!
    Daisypath Wedding tickers
  • Options
    Happily9Happily9 member
    edited December 2011
    Oh, I'm so sorry.  I know this doesn't make things any easier, but you are a beautiful, smart, ambitious girl and I'm sure you will find someone who will love you as much as you love them!  And I agree that you should stick around anyway....you always add an interesting twist to our posts :)
  • Options
    MelissaC315MelissaC315 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_central-new-york_one-last-post?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:621Discussion:3d0bab4b-824b-42ed-a03c-c8d01b245435Post:dbfd7466-c70c-4ab5-a3e6-f1b0ae2c7c04">Re: One last post</a>:
    [QUOTE]Oh Lorna! So sucky! You seem like such a lovely gal and will most certainly find a special guy in the future. Let yourself be sad for a while, but not too long! And when you're ready,<strong> find a hot lawyer to rebound with!
    </strong>Posted by kpdorr[/QUOTE]

Ditto! ... but really I am so sorry that you're going through this. I know it seems hard and awful right now but things will get so much better! You will find a man who loves and appreciates you and treats you the way that you deserve to be treated. Thoughts and prayers to you!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I totally believe that you will find the guy for you and he will be amazing!
    Take care, stay strong, and remember that you deserve better.
    AND GET HAPPY SOON!!
  • Options
    csharpe44csharpe44 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'm so sorry!  Keep your chin up!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards