New York

Wedding website!

Alright guys, check out the wedding website I just finished up. I just made it through here on the knot. Give me some feedback!

www.caitlinjames.ourwedding.com

I can't help feeling like I'm missing something! TK had different sections you could add for bridal party, how you met, ect ect. But I just wanted to keep it simple with details about the wedding. I was thinking of adding a comment about the wedding being adults only but I'm not sure where to put it. Should I put details about the bridal shower? Overall I think it's pretty solid but I still feel like I'm missing information. I also didn't inlcude many details about the hotel rooms we're reserving because we haven't done it yet. Just picked the hotel where we'll be doing it.

Input is welcome! We're including the link to our website on our STD's which we are sending out next month so I want to make sure it looks good!
Daisypath Wedding tickers

Re: Wedding website!

• raes19raes19 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I think you have enough information. Just add the hotel information reservation info that anyone might need when booking a room after you make the arrangements with the hotel, and you should be good to go.

I wouldn't put information about the bridal shower on there though because it's a seperate event with a more exclusive guest list (unless every single one of your wedding guests will be invited) and someone else will be arranging it/hosting.
    Photobucket BabyFruit Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_central-new-york_wedding-website-1?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:621Discussion:3d6199bd-2a4c-418f-a34f-605feb4d3735Post:8f62922d-28b8-43b1-933f-3f92f6b9772e">Re: Wedding website!</a>:
    [QUOTE]I think you have enough information. Just add the hotel information reservation info that anyone might need when booking a room after you make the arrangements with the hotel, and you should be good to go.<strong> I wouldn't put information about the bridal shower on there though because it's a seperate event with a more exclusive guest list (unless every single one of your wedding guests will be invited) and someone else will be arranging it/hosting.</strong>
    Posted by raes19[/QUOTE]

This!  Raes is wise!

It looks like you have already added the info about the hotel- which is great!  My one suggestion would be to put on the hotel page "Make sure you let them know you are with the ___ & ____ room block" or whatever you have the block listed under.  I had a few guests forget to mention they were with our wedding and they paid full price (as opposed to the discounted room rate for our block).

If you wanted to include something about an adult reception, the website would be the place to do it (more appropriate than the invites)... but I don't think it's completely necessary,  Properly addressed invites and word-of-mouth should be enough to spread that request.

I think your website looks awesome!  Very simple and to-the-point.  I'm sure your guests will appreciaite it.
    Miss Mrs. New & Improved Blog Chart
    Online Garage Sale
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
    monica & kevin married 5.28.11
    bfp 8.11.11 - m/c 8.17.11
    bfp 11.11.11 - edd 7.25.12
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards