New York
Options

Syracuse Vendor Reviews

Hi girls!  I got married on Saturday and wanted to give you vendor reviews.  I wasn't very active posting on this board during the planning process, but I definitely used it for a lot of research and hope you will find my reviews helpful. 

Cavalry Club - You have to be sponsored by a member of the Club to have an event here.  They were wonderful to work with and everything went off without a hitch.  We had the ceremony here out on the golf course and the reception following indoors in the Golf House.  They handled all of the setup and decorating (we had a ton of DIY projects) and the food and service was excellent.  They never told me "no" once to anything I requested. 

New Day Band - So much fun!  Kept the crowd dancing and going the entire night long.  People didn't want it to end.  They play a lot of covers from the 80's and 90's. 

Bella Bakery - Thanks to recommendations from a knottie we ordered our cupcakes from them.  They were delicious and affordable.  We had chocolate, vanilla, and red velvet cupcakes all with cream cheese frosting.  Only lesson learned here was to order more red velvet - people loved them!

Shafer Bus Service - We had a 25 person limo bus to bring guests to and from the hotel to the ceremony/reception.  No issues there, easy to work with, and the most afforadable I could find for what we were looking for.

John Waire - Most.Amazing.Photographer.Ever.  I had a hell of a time finding a photographer that I liked and that was available.  I found one in January and she cancelled on me.  A blessing in disguise. John Waire is out of Baltimore but has family in Utica so travelled for a very minimal fee.  I was so comfortable around him and he was exactly what I wanted.  I highly highly recommend him and will link to some photos when he has more up.  In the meantime here is his blog:
http://johnwairephoto.com/blog/

Ferguson Video - Tim was also great to work with.  Felt completely comfortable with him and he was very non-intrusive the entire day.  Can't wait to get the video in a couple of weeks.  Have heard nothing but rave reviews from previous brides.  www.fergusonvideo.com/" target="_blank">http://www.fergusonvideo.com

What am I forgetting?  We didn't have any flowers at the wedding - I'm not big on them.  I carried a brooch bouquet which I loved loved loved.  We also made smaller ones for the mothers to carry.  My maid of honor was my only attendant and she carried a pinwheel.  The guys wore ribbon bouts, and we used the cupcakes as centerpieces.  No need for flowers!

Oh.  Mangnolia String Quartet for music during the ceremony.  We had someone playing violin and someone playing cello.  The music was very nice, but several people overheard them complaining about how chilly it was (and it was chilly - but check the weather report!) and others heard them chatting during the ceremony and found it distracting.  I find both to be extremely unprofessional. 

I think that is everything!

Re: Syracuse Vendor Reviews

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards