New York

outdoor picture locations

Hi! 

Anyone know of any out of the way picture sites we can go to in between ceremony/reception around Syracuse?  I want to stay off the SU hill and would like a place that's convenient but pretty.  thoughts?

Anything is appreciated, thanks!

Re: outdoor picture locations

• edited December 2011
    Thorndon Park is great... they have MANY different places around the park to look at. Go to the Parks and Recreation website and get ideas there too. I suggest getting a permit for the day as well. You can get that off the website as well. It is 30 dollars and just makes it so that you can definatly get your pictures there on your special day!
    Photobucket
  • edited December 2011
    Onondaga Park (not Onondaga Lake Park, Onondaga Park in Strathmore) is beautiful. All of the sqaures downtown are pretty too. I agree with kkozlo2, look on the parks websites to get ideas:

http://www.syracuse.ny.us/parks/

http://onondagacountyparks.com/

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFetus Ticker
  • bfuller1085bfuller1085 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Ive had a lot of friends (including one this weekend) who have had and will have pictures taken in Franklin Square. Beautiful!
  • edited December 2011
    I second both Onondaga Park and the squares downtown.  If you have a photographer who is familiar with the area, they may have some good ideas, too.  I have seen pics done at some really random locations (inside Empire or other random bars downtown... or down random totally graffiti-ed up alleys) that turned out beautifully... ask your photographer... they may have some tricks up their sleeve.
    If you are going outdoorsey/nature-y... def the parks.

Miss Mrs. New & Improved Blog Chart
    Online Garage Sale
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
    monica & kevin married 5.28.11
    bfp 8.11.11 - m/c 8.17.11
    bfp 11.11.11 - edd 7.25.12
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • edited December 2011
    thank you everyone!!
  • edited December 2011
    so in the event anyone was watching this thread, I did LOVE onondaga park, it's absolutely beatuiful and I'm going to see if it's available tomorrow.  Thank you all for your suggestions!!

• edited December 2011
    Onondaga Park is beautiful and we plan on doing our pictures there too!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFetus Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards