New York

suggestions for this newbie!

I am planning a late June wedding and would love some suggestions on places that would be nice for an all-in-one ceremony and reception location.  I was thinking of somewhere that has a lake view.  I would prefer Seneca, Cayuga, Canandaigua or Keuka lake.  I am planning on a smaller wedding (50-60 guests). I'd like something that is "beauty on a budget" :) I had thought about renting a huge lake house or a winery.  Also, a co-worker suggest Carol Bowers catering in the Watkins Glen area.  Any help would be very much appreciated! :)

Re: suggestions for this newbie!

• kks4471kks4471 member
    5 Love Its Name Dropper First Comment First Anniversary
    edited December 2011

I know you said "beauty on a budget", but approximately what were you thinking about spending?  I'm only asking because many of the wineries have a $9k to $10k minimum cost, and I'm not sure if that's what you have in mind.  There are so many beautiful wineries on the Finger Lakes, but I'm guessing a lot of them are booked by now too.  I'm getting married at Ventosa Vineyards in Geneva, and booked it over a year in advance.  There are quite a few nice hotels in the area, like Watkins Glen Harbor Hotel and the Ramada Inn in Geneva.  You could check around the Keuka College area as well.  There are a few parks in the region too, that may be more budget friendly.  Good luck!

Photobucket Anniversary
  • I am getting married this summer at Logan Ridge Estates. Its on Seneca Lake. It used to be a winey that Glenora owned. Its a beauiful building but it is kinda pricey. However you get the building for the entire weekend, and the owner is super laid back and doesnt really care what you do. It also has a surround sound music system built in so if you really wanted to save a buck you could get away with not having a DJ (its ipod ready). I tested the sound system the last time I was there with some of my bridesmaids, and its def loud enough for the party! Google it, it has a website. I know when we were looking they still had some june daes avaiable. Good luck!
  • It's hard to find beauty on a budget in a nice all-in-one location on the Finger Lakes. The lake-view venues that have that know what they have to offer and tend to charge accordingly. Most of the places will charge less for a Friday or Sunday wedding, so you could relieve you budget a little there. My venue is the Inn at Glenora and they still have some June dates open. It is one with a $10,000 Saturday minimum.

I looked at Bristol View B&B in my search and really liked it. I think it would be great for a small wedding. It overlooks Canandaigua Lake. Another place was Suzanne's Fine Regional Cuisine. They're a restaurant on a farm and the reception would be in the barn. Chateau LaFayette Reneau winery & inn has a small reception space and is a gorgeous vineyard. A very cheap place I found that doesn't have a lake view, but does have an outdoor ceremony location is The Barn in Ithaca. The website is something like thebarnparty.com.

good luck!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • If an outdoor wedding is an option, you might want to consider renting a lakefront cottage. You'll have to worry about finding a caterer and need to do your own decorating, but it will be much cheaper than a winery.
    Photobucket BabyFruit Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards