New York

By Upstate NY I mean up by Canada????

Are there any "TRUE" Upstate NY brides on here?

I'm from a small town about 60 miles south of Canada.  I'd love to chat with some brides that are closer to my area than Albany and Syracuse. 

Where are ya girls???

Re: By Upstate NY I mean up by Canada????

• degreadegrea member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

Where in NY are you? What town? I usually think of the area close to Canada, Watertown, Plattsburg, Massena, Potsda, Lake Placid, etc. as Northern NY or the North Country. It dawned on me when I first joined the knot that the people who created the broads didn't know how big NY state really is. They didn't even have the Western NY broad at the time. People from Buffalo talking with people from Syracuse just doesn't work. That is a two hour drive. Same thing for the North Country with Syracuse and Albany. But such is life of the real NYers!

To the optimist, the glass is half full. To the pessimist, the glass is half empty. To the engineer, the glass is twice as big as it needs to be. - Unknown Why is electricity so expensive these days? Why does it cost so much for something I can make with a balloon and my hair? - Dennis Miller
  • sherbear1322sherbear1322 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I grew up in Watertown and am having my wedding in Wellesley Island (talk about close to Canada).  Currently, however, I live in Syracuse.  I'm all over.  Where are you located?
  • degreadegrea member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I grew up in Buffalo. Went to school in Potsdam and currently live in Syracuse.  My job requires me to be all over the North Country and Mohawk Valley so I know the area quite well. Welsely Island is beautiful. It must be awesome to have your wedding there.
    To the optimist, the glass is half full. To the pessimist, the glass is half empty. To the engineer, the glass is twice as big as it needs to be. - Unknown Why is electricity so expensive these days? Why does it cost so much for something I can make with a balloon and my hair? - Dennis Miller
  • sherbear1322sherbear1322 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Yes, it is beautiful up there.  I have had some difficulties finding vedors in the area since it is rather small, but it is all coming together and will be here soon!
  • edited December 2011
    I live in Adams, which is just outside Watertown.
    We are having our wedding in Lewis County, in Lowville. It all started with me falling in love with Tug Hill Vineyards, and we went from there.

Vendors in this are are a little hard to come by, but I had some really good referrals, so we're pretty much all set with everything!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • edited December 2011
    I am in Potsdam and finding vendors and good reception sites is almost impossible! We  seem to be making it work though because I have about a year before the wedding so I'm already working on things so that I have alot of time to review and get ideas rather than being stuck at the last minute. 
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • lrbaker1lrbaker1 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Hi Ladies- I am getting married at the antique boat museum  in Clayton next summer. I'm having an awful time finding vendors! Any recommendations on florists, entertainment, hair or makeup?
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards