New York
Options

Hairstyles

This is kinda aimed at the girls who have already been married. But if any of you had been in/to a wedding and can offer help thatd be great!

So my sister is getting married in October and shes given us free rein on our hair. I love my friend, the hairdresser who has done my hair a few times in the past including my wedding, but shes not a big fan of updos and Im sick of the barrel curl in the 100 diff ways she can twist it. So I need a new one and some new ideas. So my question...

How many of you had your hair down/half down for your wedding (or another wedding) and how did that work out for you? My hair is growing out a bit so Id kinda like to color it and do something like:

Minus the flower b/c well, its not my wedding and my sister will have a flower in her hair. But anyways. Anyone have thoughts or words of wisdom on this sort of hairstyle?

People are inherently stupid. Weddings make it painfully obvious -- KevinandMonica
Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Re: Hairstyles

• Options
    edited December 2011
    I love the style, but I know that, unfortunately for me it would never work.  I have thin/fine hair and it would fall flat in no time.  Curls just don't hold.

One of my BM's did her hair very much like the bottom picture for my wedding... and because of the heat, it was pretty much flat by the time the reception started.

Down/ half up half down styles are soooo pretty, but they really just don't seem to last long... especially with all of the running around involved in a wedding.  Your sister's wedding is October, right?  (Think that's what you said)... it shouldn't be tooooo hot by then, so you won't have to worry about that, but personally, I would still be so nervous that it would wimp out on me after an hour or two.

Have you thought about maybe a side ponytail?  One of my BMs did this and it looked great!!  Or a low/messy bun?   If you do go with half and half, just use a TON of hairspray and what not.  Don't want you to be a stringy scraggly mess by the time you make your toast.
    Miss Mrs. New & Improved Blog Chart
    Online Garage Sale
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
    monica & kevin married 5.28.11
    bfp 8.11.11 - m/c 8.17.11
    bfp 11.11.11 - edd 7.25.12
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I love that look! I think it really depends on the texture of your hair though. Mine is crazy thick and holds a curl forever. I've done the half up, half down look as a bridesmaid and it even looked great when I woke up in the morning. :)  But I agree with Monica; if you have fine hair that doesn't naturally hold curl extremely well, it might be risky.  
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards