New York

Wedding Update Wednesday

It's that time again.  What did you do over the past week?
Anniversary

Re: Wedding Update Wednesday

• ski2playski2play member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011

Hello, 

We booked a house for my family to stay in the week of the wedding in the 1000 islands.  We also booked a large tour boat to get the guest to the castle (wedding site) and back to the reception site.  We went and listened to two bands last weekend to see which we wanted to have play, (that was lots of fun).  My nephew who is awesome on the keyboard, agreed to play the music for the wedding.  And, most important of all, truly enjoyed being engaged.  This engagement stuff (other than the stress of planning) is fun, fun, fun.

• sbolger17sbolger17 member
    edited December 2011
    1. Still working on packaging for favors; I think I'm being really picky.  Hopefully I'll have it all picked out soon.

2. Wandered around Michaels and have an idea for table numbers; need to pick up more supplies and do a test run though.

3. In the process of making little paper banners for drink stirrers.  Need to actually find and buy the stirrers though (neon ones seem to be popular in stores and that is not okay).

3. Ordered earrings and a purse.  Now it's on to a hair comb and bracelet...I tried on the earrings while wearing my workout clothes and they looked a little ridiculous.  I think I need to try them on with a nice dress before figuring out if they'll work or not.

Wow, it seems like more when I'm actually doing this stuff than when I list it out!
    Anniversary
  • edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_central-new-york_wedding-update-wednesday-11?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:621Discussion:a79f7ffb-972d-44a3-ade6-640e68d57fafPost:74e20cd5-940d-466f-a96b-12d4a72e732c">Re: Wedding Update Wednesday</a>:
    [QUOTE]We also booked a large tour boat to get the guest to the castle (wedding site) and back to the reception site.
    Posted by ski2play[/QUOTE]

What a fun way to get back and forth!

We booked a DJ (Finger Lakes Entertainment) and string trio for the ceremony (Angelicus String Quartet).

We also scheduled more appointments for our whirlwind wedding planning trip in a week including with Vanilla Swirl Cakery. She's based in Fairport (outside of Rochester) and makes some of the beautiful cakes I have ever seen.
  • raes19raes19 member
    edited December 2011
    Sent out invitations! That's about it, I've been working crazy hours and barely have time to do anything.
    Photobucket BabyFruit Ticker
  • sbolger17sbolger17 member
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_central-new-york_wedding-update-wednesday-11?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:621Discussion:a79f7ffb-972d-44a3-ade6-640e68d57fafPost:526568be-a9bf-4b26-84b4-4213af080907">Re: Wedding Update Wednesday</a>:
    [QUOTE]Sent out invitations! That's about it, I've been working crazy hours and barely have time to do anything.
    Posted by raes19[/QUOTE]

Woo hoo!  Now it's for real, right?
    Anniversary
  • raes19raes19 member
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_central-new-york_wedding-update-wednesday-11?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:621Discussion:a79f7ffb-972d-44a3-ade6-640e68d57fafPost:75e4aed4-c532-4491-bf0c-b19b8d211f91">Re: Wedding Update Wednesday</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Wedding Update Wednesday : Woo hoo!  Now it's for real, right?
    Posted by sbolger17[/QUOTE]

Yep! lol I called my sister from outside the post office and told her I felt like throwing up haha.
    Photobucket BabyFruit Ticker
  • edited December 2011

...I got my FI to admit that he wishes we could get this over with! It's hard to plan/look forward/anticipate a wedding that's nearly 3 years away.

At any rate, we also discussed a color theme, I think we're 90% sure on lavendar with aqua accents, and we got there because I showed him my idea of doing lavendar hydrangea OR really light lilacs with aqua gladiolus/some other tall pretty flower as centerpieces.

Photobucket
  • CD2011CD2011 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Had my last fitting & picked up my dress
    Bought my earrings
    Had makeup trial
    Made mani/pedi appt
    Bought lots of things for decorations/bouquets
    Ordered a veil & a dress for part of reception

So much left to do!!

Meeting with the officiant tonight, so I'll count that off my list!
    Daisypath - Personal pictureDaisypath Anniversary tickers
  • CD2011CD2011 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_central-new-york_wedding-update-wednesday-11?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:621Discussion:a79f7ffb-972d-44a3-ade6-640e68d57fafPost:187b8bcf-c201-4f99-823b-830565fd676b">Re: Wedding Update Wednesday</a>:
    [QUOTE]...I got my FI to admit that he wishes we could get this over with! It's hard to plan/look forward/anticipate a wedding that's nearly 3 years away. Posted by lornarose07[/QUOTE]

I can imagine that would be very hard. I wouldn't stress about it just yet! Enjoy being engaged and focus on school, because most likely you'll change your mind on things as it gets closer! I'm still changing things and I'm only 23 days away!
    Daisypath - Personal pictureDaisypath Anniversary tickers
  • edited December 2011
    -tried on dresses for the first time, and found the perfect one!

-settled on a budget with my parents and the future in-laws.

-visited Wysocki's and met with their manager to discuss details, but ultimately decided not to go with them.

-FFIL met with owner of Borio's (they're good friends) to discuss possibly booking them as the venue.

-started my first DIY project! wedding wands for the ceremony.
    Daisypath Wedding tickers
  • rsfan23rsfan23 member
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Invitations got mailed out today! :) SOOO happy they are out.
    Finished decorating my blinged out cake topper
    had my first fitting which went very well
    Having my first bridal shower this weekend at my mom's house in NH.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards