New York

could use your prayers

So much has happened in the last few months but I feel like this is my breaking point of a mental breakdown. My 27 year old cousin Dan was in a severe car accident in his hometown in VA on thursday. He has so many injuries including skull fractures, facial fractures, broken collar bone, wrist... He is currently on life support with partial bran damage. I think I'm still in denial but praying for a miracle as he will be taken off life support tomorrow. Were not sure that he'll make it through the week and he has a 3 1/2 year old daughter. Thank you.
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: could use your prayers

• edited December 2011
    I'm so sorry to hear that!  My thoughts are with you and your family. 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    Sending prayers and positive thoughts your way. 
    Miss Mrs. New & Improved Blog Chart
    Online Garage Sale
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
    monica & kevin married 5.28.11
    bfp 8.11.11 - m/c 8.17.11
    bfp 11.11.11 - edd 7.25.12
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Happily9Happily9 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family. 
  • edited December 2011
    Wow, I am so sorry to hear that. Im sending my prayers your way.

People are inherently stupid. Weddings make it painfully obvious -- KevinandMonica
  • sbolger17sbolger17 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'm so sorry!  My thoughts and prayers are out to you and your family.
    Anniversary
  • rsfan23rsfan23 member
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Comment
    edited December 2011
    My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Play getawayPlay getaway member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    thanks guys.
    It's so hard.   He's been in a coma since the accident, although he was orginally breathing on his own.  Even if he does survive, my aunt (who has had cancer last yr and is currently in remission) said that she doesnt know where to put him right now because his skull is open just from the force of the accident so his brain is partially out of his head.
    His sister just turned 21 and pregnant, due in 5 weeks.  She's been a mess and we're worried what damage the stress will do to the baby.
    He was airlifted from the scene of the accident via helicopter,  and the dr.'s said that if they knew how bad he was, they wouldn't have even airlifted him.  I feel like we should go see him in the hospital but also feel like it might be worse for me to see him in this state. Due to the force of the accident and facial fractures, he also lost an eye.  It's just one thing on top of another.
    we dont know what to do.
      his daughter Leah is asking for him and they've toldh er that he's hurt and sleeping right now but not sure what else they are going to tell her.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    this must be very difficult for you and your family to deal with right now.   I am so sorry.  I will continue to pray for you and your family.  May God bring him comfort and your family peace.
    Miss Mrs. New & Improved Blog Chart
    Online Garage Sale
    monica & kevin married 5.28.11
    bfp 8.11.11 - m/c 8.17.11
    bfp 11.11.11 - edd 7.25.12
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • edited December 2011

IMHO, I think going to see him would be a bad thing for you. God forbid he doesnt make it through, thats going to be your last image of him and that is certainly not something you're going to want to live with. If he were all banged up but awake and able to talk to you, then I would say you should go b/c he'd be aware that you came, but in this state I think it would do you more harm.

However, if the Drs are saying that he can hear you speaking, as they often do while in a coma, maybe have your aunt let him know that you are praying for him and wish you could be there for him. I think that would bring me a little confort if I were in your shoes.

People are inherently stupid. Weddings make it painfully obvious -- KevinandMonica
  • Play getawayPlay getaway member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    great idea Dondada, i just texted my cousin that to tell her brother.

thanks for the support guys.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    I'm so sorry for you and your family. My prayers go out to all of you.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards