New York

Signature drinks

What would be a good second option if my first drink will be something with apple cider?

Re: Signature drinks

• rsfan23rsfan23 member
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I heart chocolate! :)
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    I cant vote b/c Im torn. I love the chocolate and apple, but Im diggin the 2 fruit drinks too.

Ok that made me decide. Haha. Chocolate!

People are inherently stupid. Weddings make it painfully obvious -- KevinandMonica
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • edited December 2011
    Pomegranate is really popular right now... I vote pom!
  • edited December 2011
    I vote other because I think you already have "sweet" covered with the apple cider drink and should choose a different mixed drink for people who don't like sweet drinks. Even a regular martini or a gin and tonic or something. If you want it to be special you could go with "vintage" drinks like an old fashioned or a mint julep or a manhatten.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Happily9Happily9 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_central-new-york_signature-drinks?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:621Discussion:c4552e92-dd62-431b-a152-69dcd5bc0c4fPost:4fe0d3ae-5193-4022-bfe7-5e72c479f153">Re: Signature drinks</a>:
    [QUOTE]I vote other because I think you already have "sweet" covered with the apple cider drink and should choose a different mixed drink for people who don't like sweet drinks. Even a regular martini or a gin and tonic or something. If you want it to be special you could go with "vintage" drinks like an old fashioned or a mint julep or a manhatten.
    Posted by whereismymind32[/QUOTE]

Hmm...chocolate or pomegranate really had my vote until I read this post....now I'm just not sure!!!
  • edited December 2011
    Sorry, I do that to myself all the time! I'm chronically indecisive. In this case it depends on your guests. Are most of your guys beer drinkers? In my experience most ladies like sweet drinks, so you'll be fine with two "sweet" choices!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Happily9Happily9 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Yup...I'm the same way!  Takes me forever to decide on anything!!!  Figured if I start this now I will at least decide before it's too late!  Now that you mention that...yeah...I think most of the men attending will be beer drinkers so maybe I can pull two sweet drinks off...or just make a signature "Corona" (don't worry I'm kidding)
  • edited December 2011
    What about another fall cocktail?  Fall's usually big on spices/ warm flavors.  Go with like a Manhattan maybe?  Mmm... classy AND delcious! 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    Hmmmm...  I didn't vote, but if you need some recipes, let me know!  I can make a great pomegranate martini, white chocolate martini...whatever!  I'm excited to see what you go with!  If by chance you decide to go with another apple drink, rim the glasses w/cinnamon and sugar for an extra treat.  Yum!  I've been bartending for a long time, anyone w/questions about signature drinks, let me know!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Play getawayPlay getaway member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    how about some beer mixed drink?

i just looked up corona mixed drinks and found this:  http://www.drinkproject.com/mixed-drinks-ingredients/Corona

the formatting of the website is a bit weird but just scroll down a bit and it has 3 pages of options
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011

I would just shoot for some sort of contrast.... maybe make one drink hot (either mulled cider or mulled wine-  Beak and Skiff makes some apple wines and they taste AMAZING warmed in a crock pot with mulling spices) and one cool drink... they could even be similar flavors like an apple Martini and mulled cider.... but the contrasting temps will make them very different....
    or something salty and something sweeter...
    Also, I would try, if you can, to use 2 different types of liquor.  Maybe one drink with rum and one drink with vodke... or something like that.  Not a must, just a suggestion.

We decided to nix our signature drinks, but when we were talking about them, we were going to each just pick a drink we loved, so they would be a little more "us"....
    they would have been
    Blushing Bride (a blush colored sangria made with strawberry wine... soooo yummy
    Relaxed Groom (just a Captain and Coke... Kev's favorite)

OOOhhhh of maybe some sort of twist on a fall sangria.... I love Sangria and it is such a fun party drink.

Miss Mrs. New & Improved Blog Chart
    Online Garage Sale
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
    monica & kevin married 5.28.11
    bfp 8.11.11 - m/c 8.17.11
    bfp 11.11.11 - edd 7.25.12
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards