New York
Options

Cover Band

Hi,

My name is Cara, recently engaged and booked at The Lodge, for next October.  We are just in the beginning stages of planning but the next biggie is a band.  

I am having a really hard time finding one I like.  I am not looking for a typical wedding band, but more of a cover that can perform all the crowd pleasers.  Male and Female vocalists.  Hmm, everything I've seen in the upstate area has been super cheesy with YMCA, Celebration and slow jams.  

Let me know if anyone has any ideas out there.  Thanks so much!
Cara

Re: Cover Band

• Options
    Roseinbloom2Roseinbloom2 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I was married in NYC and had Soul Revival. I know they travel because we have friends getting married in Maine and they are playing their wedding too. They were amazing! Totally not a cheesy YMCA playing band but played a huge variety of songs. The music was super important to us too, we just wanted everyone dancing and Soul Revival did that. I highly recommend them!!!! www.soulrevivalband.com HTH! Rose
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Thanks, I will check them out.  If anyone else knows of some, open to suggestions!!
    Cara
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    We just booked Something Else. They're a small cover band that mostly plays in bars. It's www.klockrock.com. We saw them in person and loved them! They only do a few weddings a year, but they're very affordable since there's only three band members.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    thanks for the reco of something else!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards