New York
Options

Sick Day

Sooo against my better judgement I took a sick day. I only think its a bad idea b/c I now have 1 sick and 1 vaca day left....and 3 months with no holidays before my 2 week honeymoon vaca. When you're at a job you detest, thats a long time with no days off!

But I havent been sleeping well and spent yesterday nodding off both at work and school and decided it was very necessary. So Im layin on the couch watching tv (b/c when you have a dog like mine, sleep is not so easy during the day) and my eye starts hurting. Look in the mirror, bright red. Pretty sure I have pink eye. Great. Then my nose is slowly plugging up. WTH?!?! I just wanted a day to rest and Im getting slammed with a freakin cold. Gr.

Sad part....this happens everytime I take a not-so-sick day. :(

People are inherently stupid. Weddings make it painfully obvious -- KevinandMonica
Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Re: Sick Day

• Options
    edited December 2011
    A.  Your ticker is 3-3-3... random, but I thought it was cool.

B.   You totally jinxed yourself.  See.... that's what you get for taking an un-sick sick day.  Bad Bridgett.  Karma is a biz-notch

Seriously, I hope you feel better.  I don't think you can go to work with pink eye, so hopefully that stuff clears up quick.  No fun.
    Miss Mrs. New & Improved Blog Chart
    Online Garage Sale
    monica & kevin married 5.28.11
    bfp 8.11.11 - m/c 8.17.11
    bfp 11.11.11 - edd 7.25.12
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I definitely couldnt for more than 1 reason.

1) I have an issue with not touching my eye and I handle paperwork all day long so Im just passing on the germs.

2) I left my glasses at Joshs friends house this past weekend. I have a really old pair here but theyre old enough to where I couldnt drive with them.

Yup. Karma and I are not friends today.

People are inherently stupid. Weddings make it painfully obvious -- KevinandMonica
  • Options
    mgietler76mgietler76 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

Sorry your no sick sick day turned into a sick day! On the plus side you didn't get sick at work and have to drive home!

Feel better Smile

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Bridgett- are you feeling any better today??
    Miss Mrs. New & Improved Blog Chart
    Online Garage Sale
    monica & kevin married 5.28.11
    bfp 8.11.11 - m/c 8.17.11
    bfp 11.11.11 - edd 7.25.12
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    For the most part. My right eye is still burning a bit, but its not red and not pink eye-ish. Ive had pink eye so many times that my Dr faxes a prescription w/o seeing me now b/c I know what it is all too well. Its feeling all sensitive to light and my computer and such. Im almost wondering if my contacts need to be changed. Im using a brand Ive never used before, so Ill have to change them tomorrow and see what happens.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards