New York-Western
Options

Outdoor Ceremony Locations- Buffalo

My fiance and I are planning our wedding from out of town- which definitely makes things more difficult! We are looking for an outdoor location for our June 2011 wedding for the ceremony. Our reception is booked at Shea's Performing Arts Center. For the ceremony we'd like a private place where a lot of people won't be walking around. (We aren't considering Delaware Park Rose Garden because we feel it is too out in the open). We want to be able to set up the chairs and the decorations early and not have to worry about people coming by. Any suggestions of somewhere beautiful? Spring Lake Winery is nice but too far from downtown.

The other problem is bathrooms and what if it rains?

We would also consider a pretty church but they would have to let us bring our own pastor since ours from Pittsburgh is going to marry us. Some of the ones downtown allow that, but they are really expensive to rent!! my parents live in the williamsville area, so anything in that direction is good.

help!!?!

Re: Outdoor Ceremony Locations- Buffalo

• Options
    jed15jed15 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    You should look into a state park.We had our ceremony and reception at Beaver Island Clubhouse. Our ceremony was going to be on the lawn by the water, but it was too cold and looked like it was going to rain, so we had it up on the covered patio without a hitch. You do need to be aware that on nice days in the summer, most outdoor places do have people visiting, so unless you're some place that you rent out, chances are people will be around. I know Delaware Park has a back up if it rains, and I think it's a really great choice! I don't know how early you're planning on setting up chairs, but most places won't let you do it until the day of. Plus you'd have to pay for the extra day of chairs, as well as have to take care of them if they got rained on overnight.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    jessk00jessk00 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I would talk with your parents because there is a pretty Gazebo in the park of the village of Williamsville that can be rented. They may be able to help you out finding the details of renting it. Plus there are the waterfalls nearby that are great for photos.
  • Options
    HeidiG123HeidiG123 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Have you thought about the Botanical Gardens?? They have "Plan B" indoor accommodations!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Some town parks allow outdoor ceremonies, my parents got married at the clarence town park club house(they have a building with bathrooms.  i think that only residents can do it there, but, williamsville might offer something similar.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Not sure if they allow it, but you may want to check out Forrest Lawn Cemetery.  I know it sounds a bit morbid, but it's really beautiful there (we had some of our wedding photos taken there).  I know they also have a chapel there, that you could maybe use if it rains.
    October 2010 September SC - 1st Anniversary Plans:
    Trip to Prague & bring home furbaby when we get back
    imageimage
    ~ Karen ~
    **Wedding/House/Travel Bio **
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards