New York-Western

Where have you been shopping for dresses?

So I'm a little behind the ball on this one, but I just started wedding dress shopping! so far, I have gone to Bridal by D and LaRue.  I really loved a dress I found at Bridal by D - has anyone else looked there? What are your thoughts on their service? They received some pretty rotten reviews when I googled them, but I thought the ladies that worked there were great!Thanks ladies!

Re: Where have you been shopping for dresses?

• kae101kae101 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I've been to Bridal Chateau, M.A. Carr, Classic Bridal, and Bridals by D.  Out of the four, Bridals by D was my least favorite (sorry).  I just felt that the woman who helped me was trying to push her opinion of how things should be instead of just helping me fit the dresses.  They also gave my best friend an extremely hard time about buying her headpiece there since she bought her dress somewhere else (california!).  But each person's experience is different, and if you found "the" dress, then go for it!
    ~ K & S ~ 10.01.10 MyBio Photobucket
  • ZoolooZooloo member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I ordered my dress and custom veil from Bridal Chateau, and they have been wonderful. The bridesmaids dresses are going to be from Clara Milas, which has horrid reviews every where, but they have been great to us. So, I think some places can be hit or miss and it depends on what staff you are dealing with.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    Our Planning Bio - A Total Work in Progress...
  • edited December 2011
    I have been to M.A. Carr and Laurie's Bridals and Formas in Lockport. The lady at M.A. Carr was absolutely fabulous. I would definitely go check them out because she was great. Very helpful and upbeat. Laurie's is where I am getting the BM dresses since they carry Alfred Angelo. Laurie was nice and helpful. She wasn't at all pushy. How was LaRue? I had thought about going there to try on some dresses.
    Pregnancy Ticker March Siggy Challenge: Lilacs! image
  • dianejodianejo member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I would suggest going to Classic Bridal in Cheektowaga - they were wonderful. We bought the BM dresses there - I would have bought my dress there but they do not carry Casablanca. Be careful of MA Carr - they were going to charge me $100 to do a hollow to hem measurment on a Casablanca dress - the designer does this for FREE. Don't pay for something that can be done for free by the designer. I ended up buying my dress at New Beiginings Bridal Shop in Fredonia. Depending on where you live and if they are not too far - check them out.
  • AmandaPV13AmandaPV13 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thanks everybody! LaRue was pretty cool- the girl was very helpful! I am going to stop into a few more places this week and check things out! I really like Alfred Angelo's bridesmaid dresses, so I think we are definitely stopping in to Victoria Bridal shoppe because I believe they carry them there. Thanks again!!
  • cutypy0516cutypy0516 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I would take any internet reviews with a grain of salt. People who don't get their way like to slam these shops on them to try and bully themn around. Most of the time there wasn't anything done wrong on the shops part. That's why I love these boards. You get REAL reviews from brides just trying to get advise on planning their weddings. I <3 this board in particular. I know it's said a lot, but some of those other boards out there are wicked!
    Life is not measured by the breaths you take, but the amount of moments that take you breath away. - Anon
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards