New York-Western
Options

Venue in my budget

We are looking for a venue for about 125-150 max. Not too far outside of the city if possible with good food. Please no Rich atrium. I need a Saturday without a $5000 min. Tonawanda castle food upset my stomach for 2 days. Please help!!!!
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Venue in my budget

• Options

We will need more information to help you. What are you looking to spend per person?

To the optimist, the glass is half full. To the pessimist, the glass is half empty. To the engineer, the glass is twice as big as it needs to be. - Unknown Why is electricity so expensive these days? Why does it cost so much for something I can make with a balloon and my hair? - Dennis Miller
  • Options
    Hilton Garden Inn
  • Options
    I was going to say Hilton Garden Inn!  That's where we are having our reception.  I think it's so lovely but I never hear anyone mention it, not sure why. 
    smitsr79 - are you having your wedding there as well?
  • Options

Two of my friends have had weddings in the city under $50/person.  The first was at Hamlin House.  She decorated the room beautifully with white lights in tulle strung from wall to wall.  It really transformed the room, which was otherwise kinda plain... The food was good. 

Another friend had her reception at the Ellicott Square Building and had it catered by Lucarellis.  There was a fee to rent the space and she rented tables, chairs, glasswear, etc. from Lucarellis.  I know that the ESB doesn't have air conditioning, so that might effect your choice.

8/6/11 ~ Happily Ever After!
  • Options
    Thank you guys, I will try to check out the hilton garden inn. 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    mrszeno- yes, we are having our weddiing there.  my cousin is the head of catering.  she is probably the one you talked to plan the wedding.  i just love how they have the outdoor garden area.  that is what reallly sold me!
  • Options
    smitsr79 - when is your wedding? I'd love to hear your reviews afterwards.  I love the outdoor space as well, although ours is in November so I don't know if we'll have the opportunity to make much use of it!  But I figure at least it's pretty to look at, and the smokers will have somewhere to go...
    Is Karen your cousin?  She's fantastic to deal with!  I just love the set-up of the whole place, even the lobby is gorgeous!  It definitely was the perfect spot for us...
  • Options
    Yes, Karen is my cousin.  She is amazing and will help you with anything!! If you have questions about anything else about a wedding (it doesn't even have to be about venue), she will help.  She has so much experience with weddings and has so many friends.  She has reccommended me to so many places and they all love her.  When someone tells you to go somewhere else, for example flowers, they sometimes give you a deal.  But she is not the only reason why I chose the place. I just love it and food is great! Plus having a party at the hotel is ideal for my huge family.  They worry about drinking and driving.  My wedding is June 23. I CAN'T WAIT!! I also have already been to a wedding there and it was great! The food was great and VERY organized! Not one porblem happened and trust me I would know about since I was in the wedding party. Hope this helps!
  • Options
    Where is the Hilton Garden Inn located?
  • Options
    Hilton Garden Inn is directly across from the airport
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards