New York-Western

Woodcliff or DoubleTree - Rochester New York

My fiance and I are trying to decide on which venue to select for our wedding in the fall of 2013. We are going back and forth between the WoodCliff Hotel and Spa (Fairport) and the Doubletree by Hilton (Henrietta).

Has anyone been to a wedding or had their wedding at either location? If you have can you provide some insight? Food, atmosphere, rooms, service...whatever you can provide would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
M

Re: Woodcliff or DoubleTree - Rochester New York

• I haven't been to the DoubleTree for a wedding, but I've been there for an event that used the atrium and the full ballroom. I really like the tropical feel of the atrium with different levels and the ceiling being completely skylights. Everything seemed to flow really well from the atrium through to the ballroom entryway and in to the ballroom itself. I enjoyed it, but it depends on what you like.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I went to a wedding at Woodcliff last summer. The ceremony was outside on the cliff and it was a very nice setting, biggest complaint was how SUNNY it was. The sun was setting right in front of the ceremony, so you had to stare into it to watch the couple say their vows. There was a separate room inside for cocktails, and the servers with the hand-passed items were prompt and came around often. The room where the reception was held was very nice, and the food was excellent. I was definitely impressed with the venue and service.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards