New York-Western

Newbie to Post

Hello,
   I am a BLO bride. My fiance and I got engaged on 8/13/10 at the Erie County Fair. I came on here to get ideas and such for the wedding. But it sure seems slow for the Western New York post. Well I look forward to chatting with some people on here and getting as many opinions as can be.

Re: Newbie to Post

• degreadegrea member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Yea this board is really slow. Is there anything in particular that you are looking for?
    To the optimist, the glass is half full. To the pessimist, the glass is half empty. To the engineer, the glass is twice as big as it needs to be. - Unknown Why is electricity so expensive these days? Why does it cost so much for something I can make with a balloon and my hair? - Dennis Miller
  • Beachy730Beachy730 member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Yes this board is really slow.  It is good for ideas and recommendations in the area though.  Anything other than that wedding related you will get more responses on the international boards.
    imageBabyFruit Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    Hey - it is slow but if you need some info these girls really know the area and have great suggestions. I'm not from the area, and I live in Rochester now so I've come here for a lot of ideas and suggestions
  • andynmandiandynmandi member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I am trying to find places for a wedding gown. Which could be in Rochester, I don't mind. And plus a good place for a bridal shower. I hope there is something.
  • degreadegrea member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    For your wedding gown I would go to M.A. Carr. I found that to be the best place. They are a bit more pricey but really helpful and I haven't heard anything bad about their alteration.  Sometimes you get what you pay for. They are located in Ochard Park!

What kind of place are you looking for bridal shower? Where in BLO? I might be more helpful? There are so many places to eat in BLO. There will definately be one place you like!

One of the best bridal shower I went to was at Red something now called templeton's landing. They had this huge buffet and it was very good. I am not sure if the place is still run the same way since it recently changed ownership.

To the optimist, the glass is half full. To the pessimist, the glass is half empty. To the engineer, the glass is twice as big as it needs to be. - Unknown Why is electricity so expensive these days? Why does it cost so much for something I can make with a balloon and my hair? - Dennis Miller
  • Beachy730Beachy730 member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011

I got my dress at Bridal Chateau in Williamsville, as well as my headband.  They have a huge selection for brides, BMs, and moms, and they did a great job on my alterations. 
    There are lots of places for showers.  Mine was at the Buffalo Launch Club on Grand Island.  They have a really nice room that overlooks the water.  There are many restaurants that rent out a private room too. 

imageBabyFruit Ticker
  • andynmandiandynmandi member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    For the bridal shower I would like something by the water. If I can't get anything near the water I am looking for something castle like, if that makes sense. I have an appointment at David's Bridal tomorrow to look around and I am getting nervous. Thank you girls for your help with the bridal gowns. I will definitely check out those places as well.
    By the way, I know no one may not know but how do I get my ticker to show up on my messages. I tried and it only shows the code. I need to spice this up for me. Smile
  • moosebaby2011moosebaby2011 member
    First Comment First Anniversary
    edited December 2011

You should check out Root Five for the bridal shower.  It's in Hamburg right on the water.  I did my sister's shower there and was very pleased.

048C2A9Jessica-Ahrens-photogra-2280385165-O_zps1ad80309-1_zps1e997449 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    Or check out Dock of the Bay. I went to a shower there and it was very nice.
    Hope your David's appointment goes well. Which location are you going to?
    I got my dress at the McKinley Pkwy location. They were very nice and helpful there.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    Root 5 is absolutely fabulous. Amazing food, GORGEOUS views. 

Not sure about anything castle like around here for a bridal shower...A good option might be Stillwater out in the Allen St district in Buffalo?  I hear they have wonderful food and the inside of the restaurant is painted to look like an old fashioned cobblestone street with the buildings around it.  There are balconies and the "sky" lights up as if there were stars - though it is not near the water...
  • jnpiwowarczykjnpiwowarczyk member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I booked my bridal shower at banchettis in amherst by UB, it was really nice there and reasonably priced, what else are you looking for?

Also I recommned looking at some bridal wedding gown sites and pick out some dresses you like then find out with bridal shop carries the desginer you like or dress. i found a maggie sottero and had to rochester for it to try it on but it was the one i ended up getting.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards