New York-Western

Rochester DJ

Hello!

I'm looking for Rochester area DJ recs. Hoping to not go over $1000.

I want someone who is more of a background DJ, not an entertainer/leads dances etc.

Thank you in advance!!

Re: Rochester DJ

• edited December 2011
    We use Crocodile Rock, and the DJ is Tom.  We haven't had our wedding yet, but my fiance's aunt uses him for all her events.  He can pretty much do anything.  They will adjust to anything you want them to be.  I would definitely reccomend them.  They are pretty affordable too.  Their website is http://www.crocodj.com/
  • UDscoobychickUDscoobychick member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Steve Turner was recommended to me...they only hire DJs who have a minimum of like 15 years of experience, so they're pretty professional.  We're leaning more toward a live band, so I don't think we'll use them, but I've heard good things about them.
  • spenet1spenet1 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'm using Steve Turner, or Turner Music Productions. For 5 hrs he's $1095 but I think it's worth it. He's good at not being campy and overly involved, but has some fun little games and "icebreakers" if you need/want them.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    White Knot
  • edited December 2011
    Steve Turner is good, but, in my experience, not very polite. We are going with Jeff from Whirlin Disc DJ. We got a great recommendation to use him and he's under $600 for our 6 horu wedding
    Happy is what happens when all your dreams come true!
  • spenet1spenet1 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_new-york-western_rochester-dj?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:622Discussion:437a7232-a4fa-46ae-96d7-fd8f1ab251dfPost:d62b0cb1-e98e-40e5-bb4c-e06cefe6c0b3">Re: Rochester DJ</a>:
    [QUOTE]Steve Turner is good, but, in my experience, not very polite. We are going with Jeff from Whirlin Disc DJ. We got a great recommendation to use him and he's under $600 for our 6 horu wedding
    Posted by swojcik10[/QUOTE]

Hmmm, I'd love to hear what the "not very polite" experience has been with Steve... I have him booked, and so far it's been easy and nice, so if there's something I should be prepared for, or a situation to avoid, please tell me!!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    White Knot
  • callalilly323callalilly323 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I booked him as well and he's been very accomodating so far... I'm curious as to what you mean by "not very polite" too.
  • horae4mehorae4me member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    we are going with ecstacy sound in Webster.  they are a little over your budget, but so far we are very pleased with them.  extremely professional and have a lot to offer.  i love their website where, since we're a client, we can build our play list, set up our timeline, and even shop :) 
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards