New York-Western

Rochester Cakes

I can pretty much name all the wedding cake bakers in Rochester, but have so few actual recommendations. Can anyone help?? Have you found someone you like, or have had a cake at another wedding that was just delicious? TY!
Wedding Countdown Ticker
White Knot

Re: Rochester Cakes

• edited December 2011
    We are going through Designed Elegance by Jon in Spencerport. He has the most delicious white chocolate buttercream frosting ever. You pay by the cake, so you can get as many fillings as you want inside. He is a little bit pricier, but totally worth it. I literally dream about our cake :-) We have friends that are in the wedding business and have been impressed with him at past events, as well. hope this helps!
    Happy is what happens when all your dreams come true!
  • edited December 2011
    I am using Goodness Cakes on 720 University Ave (277-1890) The cake is going to be AMAZING!! I had thier cake before and fell in love with it. (They are doing our groom's cake also) Beth and Craig our the owner's. :) It's a husband/wife team and for 120 people, the cake was one of the least expenses we had!! Thier pricing was so reasonable!!! :)

If you go for a tasting, bring $.80 for one of thier vanilla bean cupcakes! I get one everytime!! AMAZING!!!
  • katanne9katanne9 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We are using Upper Crust Cakes and Cheesy Eddies.

http://uppercrustcakes.com/

I know both Julie (Upper Crust Cakes) and Colleen (Cheesy Eddie's) personally. They are both AMAZING, reliable people and their cakes are delicious. I have had Julie's confections at many events, as she is a cousin to one of my best friends. I would highly recommend her.
  • MsAlphaBee123MsAlphaBee123 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Cheesy Eddies. Their Carrott and Chocolate Cake are some of the best cakes ever! And Colleen is so great to work with... she will accomodate your every desire.

Anniversary Pregnancy Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • teddib20teddib20 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We did a cake tasting with Jon at Designed Elegance, they were good but VERY expensive. We found Holy Canoli by Diane to be the best tasting and the best price wise.

Their number is 585-425-1741 and their website is www.holycannoli.com
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • loving2011loving2011 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Cakes by Karen. She is small, runs it out of her home. The price was right, she was VERY talented and friendly and the cake was tasty to boot! 
  • yfz450eyfz450e member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I highly recommend Priscilla's Cookies and More for your cake and pastry needs. Check out her website at pcookies.com. She really LOVES what she does and is amazingly affordable.
  • AnemonymAnemonym member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We LOVED Premier Pastry.  There's tons of really different cake flavors, and I found that for the number of people that we wanted to order cake for (~150), the pricing is pretty similar the places I went.  It's more on the expensive side if you're going to get less (say, for 75 people). 

The buttercream frosting is really good, not too sweet or dense.  They make really nice nut and fruit puree layers as well.  If you meet with them he'll give you samples of cake to take home; the sample sizes are gigantic (took 5 of us several days to try out) and you'll see if you like the cakes or not.  It's more of a "fancy cake" rather than a "homemade cake" flavor and texture, so if you have a preference for more dense "homemade" type cakes this would probably not be to your liking.

Their website doesn't really show off the cakes that well (www.premier-pastry.com), but if you go to their Facebook page you'll be able to see a lot of their creative designs. 

Lastly, I thought Philip (the owner) was pretty professional.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards