New York-Western
Options

venue suggestionnns!

My FI and I need some recommendations for our venue. we'd really love to have an outdoor ceremony with an indoor reception all at the same location. We are looking for any suggestions in or around the Rochester area! thank you so much!

Re: venue suggestionnns!

• Options
    spenet1spenet1 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Many of the country clubs/golf courses offer indoor and outdoor options, whether tented, open air, or indoors altogether. Try Shadow Lake, Eagle Vale, Ravenwood... good luck!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    White Knot
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    FI and I had the same preferences. We looked at Irondequoit Country Club, Casa Larga, and Ventosa Vineyards in Geneva. We chose Ventosa. A bit of a hike from Rochester, but well worth it (we're hoping!).
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    We're at the Woodcliff, they have an outdoor location for a ceremony (but we're doing it at my church.)  When we were looking, I thought Ravenwood had a nice indoor/outdoor space too.

Oh, and Casa Larga has the indoor/outdoor, but if I remember correctly they had a 200+ person minimum.  If you fall short, it's something like $15 for each person who isn't there.
    Photobucket Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    We're getting married at Shadow Lake in Penfield this May.  So far the planning has been great and easy, so I would definitely recommend it.  

We also looked at Brookwood (in Webster) and the Woodcliff (in Victor) but they just weren't us.  However, lots of people recommended those places to us, so I figured I'd pass them along to you.

Best of luck!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Glenora on Seneca Lake.  Breathtaking... Sherry Spotts (coordinator) is wonderful.  We are so happy that we chose this location and everything has been a breeze as far as planning.  Almost all of our vendors have said how excited they are to be doing at wedding there, b/c it is such a fabulous location that it brongs out their best.
    I highly recommend it!!!!
    Miss Mrs. New & Improved Blog Chart
    Online Garage Sale
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
    monica & kevin married 5.28.11
    bfp 8.11.11 - m/c 8.17.11
    bfp 11.11.11 - edd 7.25.12
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    thank you all for the suggestions we are looking into Belhurst Castle. Glenora is our back up. Has anyone looked into Belhurst? iIf so what have you found? Its not final yet. I LOVED woodcliff but it was too expensive for us.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I considered Belhurst, but found it had many negative reviews from past brides. I didn't bother to visit it after that. I'm still considering it for my rehearsal dinner.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I absolutely love the Shadow Lake! We photographed a wedding there alst year, it was amasing! Great Pictures!
    Also if you don't mind going to Canandaigua, Inn on the Lake is simply perfect! Both plases have really good food too!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    sonnenburg gardens?  I dont know much about it but went there once and it was pretty.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards