New York-Western
Options

Vender Reviews (Rochester/finger lake region)

I've wanted to write these reviews a lot earlier as I absolutely loved all my vendors but I wanted to wait until my photographer posted the sneak peek on her blog.  Our wedding was a very casual small backyard wedding on Keuka Lake (right outside of Penn Yan) and we currently live in Nebraska so it was mostly planned via the internet and email.  All the venders were wonderful in accomodating the fact that I wouldn't be able to physically meet with them/see them until the day of.  So on to the reviews:

Photography:  Our photographer, Sonia of Sonia Maria Photography(link), was amazing!  She was able to give us a package to suit our needs (only 5 hours, a CD and rights to our images) at a great prices.  She was incredibly friendly and was constantly working!  Having been in the WP in weddings, I figured photographers just sort of snapped a few pictures while the bride got ready but mostly just hung out.  Not so with Sonia, while I was busy getting ready (of course she took a ton of pictures of that, make-up, putting on jewelry, putting on the dress etc) kept busy taking still shots of my jewelry, of my dress, of the rings and invitations.  I don't think she stopped taking pictures the entire time.  Not knowing what poses and shots we really wanted, we left direction up to her and she came up with some really great ones but wasn't too pushy.  It was like hanging out with a friend.  Her eye for lining up shots was wonderful and she was even able to get some amazing shots of my young nieces who I don't think ever sit still.  I just can't say enough about her professionalism, amazing pictures and just overall wonderful personality!  You can check out our sneak peeks here (link)

Flowers - Garden of LIfe Flowers (link) in Penn Yan.  Being a small wedding, I only needed a boutonniere and bouquet but both turned out stunning.  Yvonne the owner of this florist was very professional and helpful.  She treated my relatively small order as if it was as important as a full wedding order.  I had my best friend met with her to go over ideas after email her some of my basic ideas and some picture.  What she came up with was perfect and she really quickly picked up my likes just from the few emails and made wonderful suggetions.  The day of, she promptly delivered the flowers at the arranged time and they were more beautiful than I had imagined (having not been at the consult).  She even through in a toss bouquet for no extra charge. You can see the flowers in many of the sneak peek pictures above.

Officiant: Reverend Kris (link) she allowed us to write our own ceremony and was very helpful when it came to edits or suggestions for flow.  Her website was a great tool for writing the ceremony so even if you don't use her as an officiant, I would check it out.  She was professional and friendly and very experienced at performing a variety of ceremonies.

We didn't have a typical reception, but we did go out to dinner at the Essenhaus in Penn Yan before heading back to the lake to hang out and celebrate.  It's not a typical wedding reception place though they do have a banquet room that can accomodate up to 75 and the food is amazing!  If you are look for a country/home-style setting, this is the place.  The mash potatoes were to die for and I'll definitely be going back next time we are in the area.  The wait staff was very friendly and the setting very bright, open and clean.

If you have any questions or want more info feel free to PM me :)
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Vender Reviews (Rochester/finger lake region)

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards