New York-Western

Where are you booking your Honeymoon?

Any ideas??? Want to spend under 5,000....

Re: Where are you booking your Honeymoon?

• edited December 2011
    We didn't have much to spend either.  We are driving to Cap Cod and booked an inn in Chatham, MA.  We will probably the head to Boston for a couple night.  We saved by being able to drive, but still be by the ocean.  What I really wanted to do was go to the Keys.  Maybe nex year to celebrate our anniversary:)
    BFP 1/21/11...Missed Miscarriage 3/16/11...D&C 3/18/11
  • degreadegrea member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    What time of year are you getting married? If in the summer NE would be a nice alternative to tropical location, like the cape or RI. If not I bet you could go a cruise for less than $5000. Me and FI went on a cruise for a week, with airfare, hotel (one night), transportation, cruise, and booze everything came toa little less than $4000. It was a blast. Also might want to look into driving to NC and SC for the week. Alot of historical things to do along the coast. All depends what you are looking for. Hope this helps!
    To the optimist, the glass is half full. To the pessimist, the glass is half empty. To the engineer, the glass is twice as big as it needs to be. - Unknown Why is electricity so expensive these days? Why does it cost so much for something I can make with a balloon and my hair? - Dennis Miller
  • katanne9katanne9 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We're going to Ochio Rios, Jamaica to the San Souci Resort.

7 nights, all inclusive, under $3K
  • edited December 2011

We are thinking about doing a short honeymoon right after the wedding someplace up in Toronto or maybe out at Bolton Landing at Lake Placid. We don't want to drive too far, but we want to get away. We both agreed we wanted to soak up the nice weather while it was here (which isn't very long)! :)

• kae101kae101 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

We're doing a mini-moon (like Karen Wink) right after the wedding.  Possibly the Finger Lakes or Ellicottville.  For our big trip, we're going to head somewhere all-inclusive & tropical --- which is completely do-able for under 5k!

~ K & S ~ 10.01.10 MyBio Photobucket
  • WNYfanWNYfan member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We're going to Playa del Carment, MX for about $2200 (includes air fare, and all inclusive resort on the beach)
  • edited December 2011
    We're going to Luray, VA...we found a place to stay for 4 nights of the honeymoon for only $110 per night!  We will stay in a hotel for the wedding night and then travel the rest of the way to Luray the next day.  FI's family lives in western NC and we are having a reception there the week after the wedding, so it was a good place to go on the way there, and it's really pretty.
  • jed15jed15 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I think we're going to do a short mini-moon maybe to the Florida Keys (We live in FL) and I really would rather save up for a fantastic anniversary vacation in a few years.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • marasd80marasd80 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Wow!!!!!!  Thanks everyone!!!  I think I am going to check into Jamaica that sounds awesome!!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards