New York-Western
Options

Ceremony locations

My fiance and I are not very religious and are looking for alternatives to a church ceremony. Personally, I would like the ceremony to be at a different location from the reception. We are looking at a wedding date at the end of June. Any ideas for the Rochester area?? Thanks!!

Re: Ceremony locations

• Options
    edited December 2011
    If you're looking for an outdoor location, Sonnenberg Gardens is where we're getting married in mid-June. (We're having both the ceremony & reception there, but it's not a requirement to do so to use the place.) Someone told me about "The Little White House," which is in a park up by the lake (maybe in Webster?). I believe you can also rent a place in any of the Monroe County parks, too. And you might want to check w/the wineries in the area to see what they offer as well. Good luck!
  • Options
    spenet1spenet1 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We originally looked for those same things - non church wedding, separate locations - and ended up choosing a secular ceremony at the chapel at Nazareth College (our friend got ordained online to perform the ceremony) and our reception is at Casa Larga. It was very difficult to find a place to have a ceremony and then a reception, and ultimately we found that plan to be unpractical because there wasn't a reason to move locations. I agree with PP about all her suggestions, but I would just have both in the same place.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    White Knot
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards