New York-Western

NWR: Salon Recomendations, ROC

I'm thinking about going to get a brazilian for the first time but am not sure where I should go.  I've been looking at reviews online, but couldn't find any to do with waxing, just hairstyling.

Where do you ladies go for your waxing needs, and do you have a favorite person you feel especially comfortable with?  How much do you typically spend?

Thanks so much.

Re: NWR: Salon Recomendations, ROC

• edited December 2011
    most salons that do waxing also do brazil. wax's. I haven't had one in years! lol I got to Solutions on Long Pond Road. They are excellent with standard wax and hair. (I am getting my hair and makeup done for the wedding there and have all of my regular appts too!)

Not sure of the cost though. Good luck!!
  • spenet1spenet1 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Dermaspa by MCC is really good in general. I haven't gotten waxed there, but FSIL recommends it highly. I can't remember the woman she goes to, but she's never had a negative experience there.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    White Knot
  • MrsPawlak2BMrsPawlak2B member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

The absolute BEST for waxing is Tracy's Retreat on Abbott Road in South Buffalo.  It's a small salon, but Tracy is known as the "Brazillian Queen"!  I promise you won't be disappointed.  I was so nervous the first time I went, but she really makes you feel completely comfortable and she does a fabulous job.  She is just the best around!

8/6/11 ~ Happily Ever After!
  • MsAlphaBee123MsAlphaBee123 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In ROC the best of the best is Mary Elizabeth at "MARK and ME." -- it's in the Henrietta-ish area right off Mt.Hope
    She is amazing. A good friend sent me there with a Gift Certificate for my birthday a while back... I have been going to her religiously every 4-5wks for about 2 years. I was a complete chicken before going, and she made me sooo relaxed and is speedy as can be. I have reccomended her to a ton of friends and they all LOVE HER.
    That salon also also gives discounts to students, referrals and frequent customers... so be sure to ask if you set up an appt.
    Good Luck!
    and Happy Brazillan!-- once you've been to Brazil you'll never want to "return" 
    Anniversary Pregnancy Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards