New York-Western

Whirling Disc DJs??

Starting to look at booking a DJ.  Whirling Disc DJs keep jumping to the top of my list.  Anyone have any experiences (or other recomendations?)
Photobucket Follow Me on Pinterest

Re: Whirling Disc DJs??

• edited December 2011
    We looked into Whirlin Disc, but ended up going with Ken Paradise instead.  We thought he was much more personable and felt that we got a much better deal- more for our money.  He came very highly recommended from the wedding coordinator at Glenora (our reception site) whom we trust very much and another plus- his uplighting is AWESOME!!!
    Whirlin Disc does have the photo booth, which is cool, but very expensive.  If you aren't totally set on a photo booth, definitely check out Ken Paradise (www.paradiseentertainment.com).  My wedding isn't until May- and I will definitely post reviews afterwards, but I know he will do a great job.
    Good luck with your hunt!
    Miss Mrs. New & Improved Blog Chart
    Online Garage Sale
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
    monica & kevin married 5.28.11
    bfp 8.11.11 - m/c 8.17.11
    bfp 11.11.11 - edd 7.25.12
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • edited December 2011
    Thanks! I'll check him out.  I'm also looking at Finger Lakes Entertainment. 

I'm really dead-set against a photo booth (not really our style.)  So that has no impact on my decision :)
  • edited December 2011
    I have heard good things about Finger Lakes Entertainment also.
    Uplighting was something we were really excited ahout which is why we ended up going with Ken.
    I think we would have been very happy music-wise with either one.
    Good luck! 
    Online Garage Sale
  • edited December 2011
    Thanks again!  The more I think about uplighting, the more I really like the idea of it! 
  • edited December 2011
    I fell in love with the uplighting too.  Kev and I started out with a strict "no extras" policy (video, photo booth, light show, etc etc etc)... then saw pics of the uplighting and budged on that... but I think we got it for such a great price it is really worth it.  What a difference it makes!
    Online Garage Sale
  • degreadegrea member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I choose Whirlin Disc as my DJ. My wedding is not until May though so I can't tell you how they were. I choose them based on a feeling in my gut. Good luck!
    To the optimist, the glass is half full. To the pessimist, the glass is half empty. To the engineer, the glass is twice as big as it needs to be. - Unknown Why is electricity so expensive these days? Why does it cost so much for something I can make with a balloon and my hair? - Dennis Miller
  • BBride90BBride90 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Im booked with Phenomenon Sound!
    I love the sitdown consultations, because I have no idea what Im doing lol
    Ive seen them at friends weddings and they are the most energetic Ive seen by far.
    Uplighting is a really cool idea too and Im booking that as well, definately something to look into
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards