New York-Western

Buffalo Picture locations

Hi I'm getting married in Buffalo on Nov 20, but since I have never lived there I have no idea where to go for pictures. We are getting married at the Cathedral and then Pearl St for our reception. any ideas?

Re: Buffalo Picture locations

• MrsPawlak2BMrsPawlak2B member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    There are tons of places to go downtown!  It depends what kind of setting you would like.  Nature, water, architecture...?
    8/6/11 ~ Happily Ever After!
  • degreadegrea member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I would ask your photographer. They probably have a list of places they like to go to. Also I would look online through different photographers photos in Buffalo. That is how I got my ideas of where I wanted to go.
    To the optimist, the glass is half full. To the pessimist, the glass is half empty. To the engineer, the glass is twice as big as it needs to be. - Unknown Why is electricity so expensive these days? Why does it cost so much for something I can make with a balloon and my hair? - Dennis Miller
  • edited December 2011
    Check out my must take pictures in my bio for some ideas.
    October 2010 September SC - 1st Anniversary Plans:
    Trip to Prague & bring home furbaby when we get back
    imageimage
    ~ Karen ~
    **Wedding/House/Travel Bio **
  • Beachy730Beachy730 member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011

If you are using a local photographer then I would definitely ask them.  We knew we wanted to take pictures at Niagara Falls, and had lived there our whole lives, but still weren't sure exactly where to go.  We asked our photog and he had great ideas and our pics came out amazing. 

Are you a sports fan?  I don't know if there would be a Sabres game that day, but you will be right near HSBC Arena, and as a sports fan I think that would be a cool place for pictures.  You also aren't too far from the waterfront, and the marina, so you could go take some pictures by the water.  This is assuming you have a limo or some other transportation.   Both places are only a couple minute drive from Pearl St., but definitely not a fun walk.  In heels.  And (possibly) snow.

imageBabyFruit Ticker
  • moosebaby2011moosebaby2011 member
    First Comment First Anniversary
    edited December 2011
    I agree with PP that you should ask your photographer.  Mine had a ton of suggestions for the downtown area that were really cool and fun like the Cobblestone District and Central Terminal.  My sister got married in November and had her outdoor pics in front of City Hall.  It's a really great building, architecture-wise, and her photos are beautiful!
    048C2A9Jessica-Ahrens-photogra-2280385165-O_zps1ad80309-1_zps1e997449 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards