New York-Western

Buffalo Hotels for Guests?

What hotels in the airport or Blasdell area are nice? I'm looking for places that are CLEAN and have great service that I can recommend guests to stay.Thanks for your help!

Re: Buffalo Hotels for Guests?

• edited December 2011
    There's a Holiday Inn Express across from the Buffalo Niagara Airport that is nice. There are also a few new Marriotts that have opened up too. Just depends on the price range of your guests. You might want to call and see if they'll let you "block" a set of rooms and lock in a rate for you. That's what I did at another Holiday Inn. GL!
  • edited December 2011
    Just make sure you check the BedBug registry. I know there was an announcment recently about hotels near the airport having bedbugs. Make sure you avoid those places. Good luck finding a hotel.

Sorry I don't have more suggestions. My guests are staying in downtown buffalo hotels.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    Thanks for the info! I didn't even know there was a bedbug registry!
  • edited December 2011

I'm looking for hotels in the same area. 50-60% of our guests are coming from out of town, most of which from Long Island and I want to have nice hotels for them but what I've seen has not been impressing me. I don't want my guests to be having a good time and then have to worry about their long drive back to their hotel when they're tired. We found that the Holiday Inn Express Suites in Hamburg is practically brand new so that will be one of our choices. Another nice hotel in the area is the Staybridge Suites in West Seneca, also practically new. My parents stayed there for one of their visits and it's beautiful. Best part about this hotel is that it is also an extended stay so they have larger suites which are perfect to get ready in. The large suites pricing can be a shock at first but if you calculate it, for a family who would normally get a few rooms at another hotel this would be perfect for them, it works out to be cheaper than most hotels per room. Plus you get the added benefit of having the living room and kitchenette. Unless something else turns up I think this is where I'm going to get ready with my girls (since they're all from out of town.) One thing that I haven't been able to find is a nice hotel with Banquet facilities for a brunch the morning after. Any ideas? or even a local restaurant to host brunch?

• edited December 2011
    What area do you want to have brunch? do you want to be near the airport?
  • edited December 2011
    We were hoping to keep everything within close proximity in the Hamburg area. But many guests will be flying so the airport area is under consideration.
  • edited December 2011
    We recently stayed directly across the street from the airport at the Hilton Garden Inn. It was nice inside-seemed recently updated. I think it was around $130/night. They have a reception/conference room at the hotel. You could probably arrange for a brunch there.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards