New York-Western

THANK YOU!!! and feedback on dress shops in Rochester

Hey ladies! 
I just wanted to send out a huge THANK YOU to everyone who posted suggestions for my Rochester dress shopping day yesterday.
Those of you who suggested HEART TO HEART were dead on.  They were amazing and soooo sweet.  Their prices are unbeatable and they include alterations... unheard of!!!  I highly recommend them!!!
I didn't even waste my time with Peggys, I did call (more out of curiosity than anything) and when the woman on the phone was snippy, I found it appropriate to inform her of all their negative feedback.  She became very rude (surprise, surprise) and did not seem shocked at all about the negative reviews  Hmm...
Jacquelines was a no-go.  Also snobbish... walked right out.
Bella You was a waste... the lady didn't really want me to try on any dresses unless I was pretty certain it was "the one" which (from my previous post) is a complete joke to me at this point.  She asked how many dresses I had tried on up to this point (I laughed and said maybe 200)... she rolled her eyes and told me I was ridiculous and that was too many.  Gee, thanks!
Belle Bride was ok... polite, but... I dunno... just didn't quite work out.  They didn't have too many dresses to look at, but they bring dresses in to you in the fitting room (I don't know where they come from... a magic closet somewhere) 
I think that's about it... all I can remember at least.
I ended up leaving Rochester frustrated, because I still didn't find the one....
I stopped by New York Bride in Syracuse on my way home.... I was hell bent on buying a dress that night... ANY dress at that point. lol.  bad idea.
Long story short everything worked out, but let's just say last night was a tear jerker.  Life is good today.  haha

So... THANK YOU again to everyone who filled me in on the good, the bad and the ugly in Rochester.  You ladies really know your stuff.
Miss Mrs. New & Improved Blog Chart
Online Garage Sale
Daisypath Anniversary tickers
monica & kevin married 5.28.11
bfp 8.11.11 - m/c 8.17.11
bfp 11.11.11 - edd 7.25.12
Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Re: THANK YOU!!! and feedback on dress shops in Rochester

• edited December 2011
    Wait on confused, did you find one at Heart to Heart??? I'm glad you found the review helpful - you are pretty spot on. I went to all those places either looking for my dress, my BM dresses (each girl got to pick their own and few wanted to try them on) and for BM dresses I've been purchasing. Some of the stores are down right rude. so I'm glad ou had a few positive experiences
  • edited December 2011
    I didn't find my dress at Heart to Heart, but I wish I did... they were soooo sweet.  I would have looked forward to going back in to see the ladies for alterations.  Their selection wasn't quite as large as some other stores, but really, they were wonderful.
    I ended up going with a dress that I had tried on in Syracuse many times before.  I just kept going back to that dress and comparing other ones to it, so I finally just went with it (after initially filling out purchase information on a different dress.  Long story... lol)
    If you are looking for a wider selection, New York Bride in Syracuse does have a ton of fantastic dresses and they have been very sweet to me also.  I highly recommend them as well
    But there was just something about the ladies at Heart to Heart... I wanted to hug them all.  lol.  Loved em!
    Online Garage Sale
  • edited December 2011
    I actually got my second dress there. The first dres i picked because I had to to follow the 9 month time line and everyone else liked it.

Then I walked into their store and tehre was the dressed I had wanted but couldn't find anything like it at all of the other stores ... it didn't have an appointment we were there but my BM to look at dreses and she was sooo nice. They've squeezed my alterations in to fit my crazy scheule and the alterations have been perfect. She even worked out a different bustle for me  because I wanted something a little different then what the designer planned.

Glad you found your dress but now you know for friends and possibly your alterations they are GREAT :)
  • degreadegrea member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I am glad you found your dress. I was going to say if you still didn't find one I could reccomend a places in Buffalo. 

I have gone to NY Bridal, I didn't find them helpful but there selction is huge. They weren't rude though which can be wicked annoying.
    To the optimist, the glass is half full. To the pessimist, the glass is half empty. To the engineer, the glass is twice as big as it needs to be. - Unknown Why is electricity so expensive these days? Why does it cost so much for something I can make with a balloon and my hair? - Dennis Miller
  • edited December 2011
    Thanks ladies!!!  Have a GREAT weekend!!!
    Online Garage Sale
  • edited December 2011
    I also found Peggy's snippy for my appointment (not at ALL excited to be helping me, and it was only my first time! Jacqueline's brought me a $4000 dress they knew I'd love...even though it was waaay over my budget - not a very  nice thing to do. I actually found my dress at Bella You, and had a good experience with the woman helping me, but overall I am not thrilled with their customer service. Oh well, love the dress! Glad you found one!
  • edited December 2011
    I just bought my dress at Peggy's Bridal and I know two other people who have within the last month. We all had great experiences there. I'm not sure why they have gotten such negative feedback through the grapevine. They do have a few rules such as taking shoes off before entering the store and not being able to take pictures before buying your dress, but all of the dresses are very clean and other places also don't allow pictures. Also, they explain everything to you when you call to make your appointment so you aren't surprised or caught off guard. 
    Jeanne helped me and she was great. She took great care to make sure I could see myself the way I would look on my wedding day. Their prices are pretty reasonable and no one was even the slightest bit snippy with me or my family. Also, Jeanne helped me to get below my budget on the dress I fell in love with. Anyone who hasn't found their dress should at least give Peggy's a try.
  • edited December 2011
    No offense, but are you kidding me?  You must have had a pretty hefty budget to work with, because Peggy's really wouldn't give me or my $1200 budget the time of day.  When I called to try to set up an appointment, I explained that I was driving from Syracuse and only had one day off from work to check out several stores in Rochester.  She acted as if I was putting her out by wanting to schedule an appointment... "HELLO!?!?!?  I am driving an hour + to come to your store.  geez" 
    Maybe it depends on the person who answers the phone and what kind of mood they are in that particular day, but whomever I delt with was quite rude which, from what I have gathered is par for the course at this place.
    I hope whoever you worked with to select your dress continues to provide good service through delivery and alterations, but I personally would rather stick with someone who provides excellent, heartfelt friendly service to each and every customer, regardless of the price tag on the dress they pick.
    Online Garage Sale
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards