New York-Western

Buffalo Area Wedding on a Tight Budget!

Hi everyone! I was hoping you could give me some ideas about nice wedding venues in the Buffalo area that aren't too expensive? I recently got engaged and I am totally overwhelmed! I have about 80-100 ppl on my guest list and cost is definitely an issue. I don't have access to a big backyard unfortunately, so I have to book a restaurant or maybe a park and then have it catered. I would prefer something near Niagara Falls or along Lake Erie/Niagara River, however, I understand that waterfront usually means extra money. Any ideas or creative solutions you guys may have please send them my way! Thanks for your help! 

Re: Buffalo Area Wedding on a Tight Budget!

• MrsPawlak2BMrsPawlak2B member
    First Comment
    edited August 2012

A co-worker of mine just mentioned that they were going to a wedding and reception at the Frank Lloyd Wright boathouse on Lake Erie.  I never really thought about it, but it seems like it would be a good place for a wedding.  I know it's not a huge space and I'm not sure how much it would cost to rent, but it's worth checking out.  You can bring in your own caterer, so you could choose one within your budget.  www.wrightsboathouse.org

Another option could be on the USS Sullivan in the Buffalo Naval Park.  I just saw a wedding there a few weekends ago.  Again, I'm not sure of the cost, but it's worth looking into.  www.buffalonavalpark.org

8/6/11 ~ Happily Ever After!
  • Not sure if you can do weddings there, but Old Fort Niagara or the park it sits on might be worth looking into and it's right on the river/lake!. There's also the Tuscarora Inn in Lockport on the Erie Canal and I know there's an inntype place in Lewiston right on the river. Good luck!
    Photobucket Anniversary
  • Thank you everyone, these are really good ideas! I liked the Frank Lloyd Wright Boathouse idea, i never would have thought of that! Keep the good ideas coming! 
  • I just had my wedding at the Rapids Theater in NF, it was georgous however they are now only dealing exclusively with Rich's catering which made their costs go up...we had the Como in NF cater the food (so good!), if you are looking for only 100 people or less I would meet with them, to have a wedding at their restaurant is not expensive at all (we had to go to another location due to size)...they can also tell you other locations they cater to.

Also, Canalside in Lockport is nice and right on the water.

Good Luck!

• Canalside, lockport locks is very nice, and inexpensive.  It's also nice that they have an indoor space in case of rain.  My friend was married here, and it did rain, so they had it inside and it was still nice.  The food was awesome.  It tasted very homestyle, which I like.  
  • yeah Id go with Rapids Theatre in the Falls!
    Im doing Antonios in the Falls on the blvd! I love it there and its "cheap"

Jenn. Amherst/Falls area
  • I recently officiated a wedding at Glen Falls Park in Williamsville - they got married near the falls and it was gorgeous and I'm pretty sure it was easy on the budget.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards