New York-Western

Transportation

Hi ladies,

I'm wondering how much is reasonable to plan on spending for wedding day transportation. I know the definiton of "reasonable" is relative. :) Basically, I don't want to break the bank but am not sure how much of my budget to allocate to this.  The last time I dealt wth paying for limos it was for the prom and the cost was split about 20 ways, so I'm a little rusty on how much to expect.

To give you a better idea, I am more interested in a limo bus than a limo so I don't have to scoot around a low seat in my dress.  We are going to have around 12 people in our wedding party, plus us.  We will be needing the limo to take the group of guys and group of girls to the church and then pictures, and then the reception (pretty standard).  I don't know if companies let you split up the time or if you just have the limo sitting there for how many hours you've booked it.

Anyway, all this being said, do any of you have recommendations for companies that were reliable and affordable?  Sorry for the long post. I continued to be a little overwhelmed with all of these decisions!

Alison

Re: Transportation

• We're using Affordable Limo Service. We also wanted to go with a limo bus since we have over 10 people in our wedding party- and I didn't want to climb in and out of a stretch limo with my wedding gown on.

They had the best price by far. We met the owners at a bridal show and they seem great! When we toured the fleet, they by far had the cleanest and maintained fleet out of the 3 companies we visited. Highly recommend!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    Follow Me on Pinterest

image140 Invited
    image107 Ready to Party
    image33 Missing Out
  • We just got a normal limo, so I don't know how much a bus should run.  But I would check out Bridal Show Specials for limos.  We got an extra hour for free.
    Photobucket Follow Me on Pinterest
  • We are using Advantage Limo, we got a card in the mail from them that offered a 10% discount but called for a quote first went to look at the limo bus THEN said we had a coupon. I think we are paying $850+tip for 5 hours. 
    Also good tips, get quotes from several places and then tell other companies what you were quoted to see if they can match or beat the price, ask for discounts if you also use them for bachelorette or bachelor party (or if someone else you know is getting married and uses the same company).

Good Luck!
  • Status limo is great to work with. they also offer promotions/deals at the bridal shows.
  • We're using Status Limo. We have them booked for around 5 hours for a 14 passenger vehicle and are pre-paying the gratuity. I believe the total was around $500 including the gratuity. They will beat any competitor's price so we got a quote elsewhere for $425 and they beat it.
  • We are doing a trolly with Dimamond Limo's in Rochester, NY. It's about $800 or $900 plus gratuity.
  • I know S&S Limo company will beat any price!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards