New York-Western

Rochester Photographer

I'm having a really hard time finding a photographer! My budget is about $2000 with a little wiggle room. In my package, I really want:

-up to 8hrs coverage
-ownership of all photos (in hi res)
-an album
-at least the ability to work out a deal for an engagement session, if not included

I have either found that they are too good to be true (cheap and bad photos) or about $1000 over my budget. Help!
Wedding Countdown Ticker
White Knot

Re: Rochester Photographer

• edited December 2011
    Not sure what your date is, but I wanted Robin Fox.  Sadly, she was booked, but her prices are VERY reasonable.  http://www.robinfoxphotography.com/index2.php#/home/
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

BabyFetus Ticker

VOTE on my Name List

• spenet1spenet1 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thank you! She looks great. Hope it works out!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    White Knot
  • edited December 2011
    I would also suggest Photoemphasis. 
    http://www.photoemphasis.net/

It's who we are going to use.  a friend of ours used him last year, and his photo's are wonderful, and he is very reasonable.
  • edited December 2011
    I also would suggest Mark Brown Photography. He will give you everything you request for 1580. We're going with him and are excited.

MarkBrownPhotography.net
    imageimage
  • edited December 2011
    I second Dan at Photo Emphasis! He is awesome! Samples of his work are in my bio. He did our engagement pics, my b-pics and he is doing our wedding and a trash the dress session as well. Good luck!
  • edited December 2011
    We're using Lou Gonzalez lifesharephoto.com He is just amazing. He's done two of my close friends weddings and they loved his work. I think he would be in your price range. In my experience, through interviewing several photographers, the photo album typically is about $600-$800 if they're any good. Again, that's for the ones that I interviewed.
  • katanne9katanne9 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    EIEIOphotography.com

: )
  • jennl53jennl53 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    try idofotography.com  my package is 10 hours with 300 pix on a usb stick (all rights are mine) and that is $1500.  You can make an album cheap on your own through snapfish and I don't think her engagement sessions were too expensive maybe 300.  I love Tara, though, she's great!
  • edited December 2011
    I love Danielle Gerriston!  She's from the Ithaca area and does a fantastic job.
  • RonCourtRonCourt member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    north 40 photography... he is doing our wedding in july and he has been wonderful. I believe his  prices are quite reasonable for what you get.
  • edited December 2011
    Mike DeMaria is pretty awesome and affordable. He is our photographer. I think our photography is about $2300 or so including a 2nd photographer, 12 hours of photography, 1 hour engagement session, and full rights to the pictures.

He's a great guy and an awesome photographer.

http://www.demariaphotography.com

EDIT: Our package doesn't include an album though, I read your post really quickly and didn't see that you required that.
  • edited December 2011
    We are using selah images. The photographer is Kyle Giles. Her prices are UNDER $2,000 which includes everything you said, a photo album AND an engagement shoot with photo album. She offers the engagement shoot because she like to get to know you before the wedding, and figure out what makes you laugh and all of that so she can get the best shot!

She is AWESOME to work with. Check out her website, selahimages.com
  • MsAlphaBee123MsAlphaBee123 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    i second the vote for NORTH40Photography. Paul is Amazing and a gem to work with!!
    Anniversary Pregnancy Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards