New York-Western

Rehearsal Dinner Location Ideas in Rochester

Hi Rochester Ladies,

I'm hoping you can give me some ideas! We really, really want Dinosaur BBQ catering for our rehearsal dinner, but are having a hard time finding a location.
Most facilities will only let you use their in-house caterer or restaurant. We looked into renting a park lodge, but they don't allow alcohol and we want to be able to at least have a drink or two.

Any ideas????

Thanks! :-)

Re: Rehearsal Dinner Location Ideas in Rochester

• degreadegrea member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I don't live in Rochester but I know where I am from you can rent American Legion Hall and have booze there. Also might want to try fire halls or even one of there pavilons. Just a thought, good luck!
    To the optimist, the glass is half full. To the pessimist, the glass is half empty. To the engineer, the glass is twice as big as it needs to be. - Unknown Why is electricity so expensive these days? Why does it cost so much for something I can make with a balloon and my hair? - Dennis Miller
  • spenet1spenet1 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I agree with PP - check out legion halls. I went to a kids birthday party at one and there was definitely beer :)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    White Knot
  • edited December 2011
    We are having Dino cater our rehearsal dinner at the big boat house up at Charlotte beach. It's that big brick building. The upstairs is huge and has an awesome deck that over looks the lake. They allow outside catering and alcohol. It's $500 to rent but you get it for 12 hours. So we are having guests who want to come and play all day at the beach then we will get there after rehearsal at the church. The only bad part is that it's carry-in carry-out, so you have to take out your garbage at the end. But it's totally worth it and our guests are really excited about being able to hang out at the beach all day before dinner! There's a little kitchen area with a fridge and stove if you need it and tons of parking across the street by Abbotts. Good luck! Hope this helps :-)
    Happy is what happens when all your dreams come true!
  • MsAlphaBee123MsAlphaBee123 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Some parks WILL let you have alcohol. You just have to mention it in your contract.

Kings Bend Park is Pittsford will
    Penfield Town Parks will
    Webster Park/White house will

I have been to all 3 venus for events that alcohol was served at. and our Rehearsal Dinner is at Kings Bend Park and we are serving alcohol, all we had to do was check the box on the online contract that said only people 21+ will be served alcohol.

Anniversary Pregnancy Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • edited December 2011
    Thanks ladies! I am actually going to look at King's Bend Park tomorrow- so I might end up going with that.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards