New York-Western

HELP!!

We can't decide on a venue for our Friday night June wedding ceremony/reception. Its out of Avanti Mansion, or Glen Oak CC. We love the indoor/outdoor feel of both. Please help with any suggestions. Thanks in advance!

Re: HELP!!

• Glen Oak CC. I have heard horrible things about Avanti Mansion.
    To the optimist, the glass is half full. To the pessimist, the glass is half empty. To the engineer, the glass is twice as big as it needs to be. - Unknown Why is electricity so expensive these days? Why does it cost so much for something I can make with a balloon and my hair? - Dennis Miller
  • I've also heard bad reviews of Avanti Mansion.
    8/6/11 ~ Happily Ever After!
  • Ditto PPs. I'd go w/ the country club
  • I heard that you can't bring any outside things into the Avanti Mansion.  Also if you want special things like over lays, table linens, chair covers, bows etc. they will go order it for you and then charge an arm and leg for you to use them.  MORE THAN WHAT THE RENTING ACTUALLY COSTS! I was told about that from 3 different people.
  • I'm getting married at Glen Oak in July so I definitely recommend it! It's sooo beautiful!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Glen Oaks! Janet is wonderful!
  • Glen Oak! I'm getting married there in June! Highly recommended so far
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    "So will you spend the rest of your life with me?
    Will you marry me?"
    Rachel&Steven
  • Well I have heard a lot of awesome things about the Avanti Mansion, and that is one of the reasons why I booked there. Unfortunately, Avanti is booked until October next year. That is what I heard when I had to chose a date. They get booked quickly! 
    Jonathan And Danielle Wedding Countdown Ticker 9/28/13
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards