New York-Western
Options

Mass/NY wedding in the woods/mountains

I live in Massachusetts, and my folks live in the Albany, NY area. I am hoping to have my wedding outdoors, in the woods, preferably in the mountains. I'm mostly looking at the Berkshires, Catskills and Adirondacks. Any suggestions for venues? Inexpensive/non-traditional venues such as summer camps would be great, but I will consider others as well.

Thanks for the advice!

Jessie

Re: Mass/NY wedding in the woods/mountains

• Options
    jesstillajesstilla member
    First Comment
    edited January 2012
    I live in Massachusetts, and my folks live in the Albany, NY area. I am hoping to have my wedding outdoors, in the woods, preferably in the mountains. I'm mostly looking at the Berkshires, Catskills and Adirondacks. Any suggestions for venues? Inexpensive/non-traditional venues such as summer camps would be great, but I will consider others as well.

Thanks for the advice!

Jessie
  • Options
    edited January 2012
    Jiminy Peak. You can have the ceremony at the top of the mountain- it's beautiful. I think it's really reasonable too.

Try posting this on the western ma board.
  • Options
    I'm from upstate NY and my fiance is from Southern VT so we did alot of searching.  I'm not sure what your budget is or what date you are looking for.  Check out Jimbo's at the Pointe in the Adirondacks, it's a summer camp type of place on a lake with lots of activities so you can turn it into a weekend event. Another beautiful location in Mountain Top Inn just north of Rutland, VT (not sure if that is too far for you).  We are getting married at The Hawk Mountain Inn in Plymouth, VT. One of my best friends help her weddding at Indian Ladder Farms outside of Albany, NY which is an apple orchard.  It was a blast...their ceremony was under the apple trees and the dance floor was in the barn.  Hope you find this helpful and best wishes for your search.  
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards