New York-Western

Has anyone done a "Candy Bar/Buffet"??

Where did you buy all the jars etc w/o spending a small fortune?!
Also what is the rule of thumb on how much candy to purchase?

Re: Has anyone done a "Candy Bar/Buffet"??

• Dollar Store and Craft Store with 50% coupons. Also ask your venue they might supply you with jars for a small fee or free.
    To the optimist, the glass is half full. To the pessimist, the glass is half empty. To the engineer, the glass is twice as big as it needs to be. - Unknown Why is electricity so expensive these days? Why does it cost so much for something I can make with a balloon and my hair? - Dennis Miller
  • This a great site with info about how to do a candy buffet without exhausting your budget!  

Also, make sure you check out Craigslist and Ebay, since some brides try to sell all of the jars from their candy buffet after the wedding.  :)

www.recycledbride.com always has great listings of lightly used wedding decor, and so does Ruffled (http://ruffledblog.com/recycle-your-wedding/browse-listings/).

Good luck!! :)

Jenn

• My FMIL bought ours from Marshalls and Christmas Tree Shop. Our wedding is next weekend. If you're interested she might be willing to sell them all after. PM me if so.  We have atleast 12.

BabyFetus Ticker image
  • AZMagnini14,  I'm definately interested..I PMd you my info.

• I used some oversized martini glasses, short wide round and square vases. They were all different height and size. I got them from Michaels and JoAnn Fabrics.
  • Check out your local thrift stores, I found so many different and unique containers and most were $1-2. Our candy buffet was the favor for our guests. We had over 15 different types of candy (approx 10 pounds/each) plus cookies, chocolate covered strawberries, hand made chocolates. It was the talk of the wedding!  
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards