New York-Western
Options

wedding gown

Has anyone ever used Chaybans for alterations? Also is it bad to buy a dress 2 sizes to big... Last one left and thats the only problem.....
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: wedding gown

• Options
    shugameganshugamegan member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I haven't used Chaybans but, I think I recall reading somewhere on here that they weren't bad.

And it isn't bad that you bought the dress 2 sizes too big, most dresses can be altered 2 to 4 sizes. HOWEVER, depending on the style and how difficult it will be to alter ( beading, lace, layers- that kind of stuff) it's going to end up costing you more than a normal alternations.

You may want to try at least two different places ( stick to smaller, local shops. they will tend to be cheaper) and see which will give you the better deal.

I don't know where in WNY you are but, my friend used Connie's Dry Cleaner and Tailor on Abbott Rd in West Seneca for her alterations and she charged her $150 for a hem, one point bustle and sewing cups into her dress. I will probably go to her for my alterations.

I hope that helps.
    146 Invitedimage 84 Attendingimage 11 Declinedimage 51 Apparently can't read the RSVP dateimage RSVP Date Sept. 1 Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    We had our bridesmaids dresses done there and it was a horrible experience.  3 of the 6 dresses were perfect while the other three had to be redone and it was the length and the uneven hems. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards