New York-Western
Options

Anybody else getting married in the next couple weeks?

Just wondered if anyone from Western NY on here was getting married soon?  This board has been quiet lately...I've been on my month board more.  

I'm excited and would like to congratulate all the soon-to-be married ones on here, and sending good vibes to those who are still in the planning process.  Try not to stress too much, it will all come together eventually!

Re: Anybody else getting married in the next couple weeks?

• Options
    edited December 2011
    I'm not getting married soon but I want this board to be more active too! I just lurk elsewhere wishing this board was better. 

@Aquarian your wedding is so soon! Where are you getting married? Give us some deets I know you must be so excited!!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Aquarian342Aquarian342 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    My ceremony & reception are at Pearl Street Grill & Brewery in downtown Buffalo.  
    Let's see, we're using:
    -Flowers by Johnny (on Delaware Ave.)
    -Carriage Trade Bakery (on Elmwood Ave.)
    -Sue Samuels from Two Hearts Ministries
    -Our DJ is a friend of my aunt's boyfriend but he has done weddings before-calls himself Wild Bill-he plays at Pete's Hilltop and some other bar in Depew every week. -Our photographer is a really nice girl we found on Craig's List who lives in the area and has taken photography classes; she has a decent amount of wedding experience and a high end Digital SLR camera.  We didn't want to go with someone who was super pricey because we didn't have the budget but we were really more into real pictures, simplicity, but with an eye for angles and creativity-which she has.

So our colors are dark purple and splashes of orange, very fall themed (lots of leaves and pumpkins).  And if you couldn't tell, our budget is very limited, but as I've learned over the months you set a specific budget then realize you somehow end up spending little bits here and there all throughout the year of planning-jewelry, thank-you cards, postage, knick-knacks for decorations, DIY stuff, it adds up soo fast so watch yourselves!

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Aquarian - good luck!!! I hope everything goes smoothly next week! I'm not getting married all that soon - April 2012. I have heard Pearl Street is a great venue.
  • Options
    edited December 2011

Im getting married in 2 weeks. Def feeling the pressure and stress!!!

• Options
    edited December 2011
    I'm having my reception at Pearl Street too (not til August 2012) but I'd love to hear what you think of them!

I'm also starting to look at florists and Flowers by Johnny is on my list because they are very close to our ceremony church and our house! What do you think of them so far? Good selection, decent prices, nice people??
  • Options
    AeroStyleAeroStyle member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'm getting married next Saturday, 9/17. Ahh! Seems weird to say it's next week. And I'm also a Pearl Street bride!
  • Options
    Aquarian342Aquarian342 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I remember now, AeroStyle, that you're my weekend and location twin! (in more ways than one) lol.  I'm sooo excited how soon this is coming up, but nervous too!  I can't believe we'll both be married by this time next week!  When's your rehearsal?

Oh meatball fun- I will post something after the wedding about Pearl Street, no doubt!  They have been great so far with everything!

As far as Flowers by Johnny, I chose them because of the owner's amazing attitude, GREAT customer service, and creativity.  He is very down-to-earth, practical, and respectful of his clients I believe.  He took a good 45 minutes during our initial meeting to show me all kinds of flowers, and was very respectful of my budget and wants.  I think he has a great selection, and for what we were looking for, the prices were definitely worth it.  I did not get a ton of flowers (only around $450 worth) but I think we got a lot for our money.  We originally planned centerpieces (which would have brought it to $700) but ended up finding a different solution, however his ideas were also great.  
    I purchased-a small bouquet (orange lilies and a few gerbera, with purple status and a few other purple filler flowers), 5 modest bridesmaid bouquets (just a large gerbera with a few sprigs of other filler/colorsplash flowers), 6 buttoniers, 3 corsages, and two tall and skinny vases filled with a few sprigs of lilies and gerbera flowers for the guestbook and card tables, ~ 4 branches full of dipped fall leaves to include in our centerpieces, and vases are included free with the bouquets for the reserved table, also included a delivery fee to a hotel downtown which was about half what others charge.
    I had originally tried going to Maureen's Wholesale and did not find her pricing to be ideal for my budget (nor was she really conscious of what I was looking for or how much I wanted to spend), as she wanted to charge $50 to deliver around the corner, seriously?....so I'm really happy I found the other florist.
  • Options
    AeroStyleAeroStyle member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_new-york-western_anybody-else-getting-married-next-couple-weeks?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:622Discussion:e488c92d-2479-47f8-bc95-2e548666e4f0Post:bf054627-4e13-4cde-ba76-53ac8c903f98">Re: Anybody else getting married in the next couple weeks?</a>:
    [QUOTE]I remember now, AeroStyle, that you're my weekend and location twin! (in more ways than one) lol.  I'm sooo excited how soon this is coming up, but nervous too!  I can't believe we'll both be married by this time next week!  When's your rehearsal? [/QUOTE]

I'm getting nervous too! We still ahve to get our floorplan back and do the seating chart. Not looking forward to that!

Our rehearsal is Wednesday. I didn't want to do Friday because that's too much right before! And Thusday was taken. So Wed it is!

How are your last minute plans going??
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I've got a little less than 7 weeks to go!  10-29-11.
    Photobucket Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    we are getting married on oct 29 too

where is ur mass and reception

where are you going for pictures

give me details Cool
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Getting married on 10/15/11!  Can't believe it's so close.  Congrats to all you soon-to-be married ladies!! :)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    degreadegrea member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Good Luck to all you soon to be married ladies. It is a crazy ride but when it is all over it is worth it. I promise you something will go wrong but no matter what happens the day will still be perfect!
    To the optimist, the glass is half full. To the pessimist, the glass is half empty. To the engineer, the glass is twice as big as it needs to be. - Unknown Why is electricity so expensive these days? Why does it cost so much for something I can make with a balloon and my hair? - Dennis Miller
  • Options
    alver1521alver1521 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

I'm also getting married 10/15! So excited!

• Options
    edited December 2011
    I am 10/15 too.  I still feel like I have a lot to do in the next 30 days...!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    *****Did anyone book Online Limo for their limo service? They are located in Lancaster. They are a newer company....very nice....I would like to hear opinions....thanks...
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards